Arbroath v Ayr United

Actually looking forward to this game, I was looking forward and hopeful for the game Saturday past after our home performance v Queens Park but that surpassed my expectations. 

Another tough game on Saturday, every single game is in this league that’s just the nature of it but I am hopeful we can get a victory too. 

I don’t think Dick will change the team, very seldom does after a victory never mind a 3-0 victory away from home so expect it’ll be the same again. If we get a left back in thought I’d be tempted to push Stewart up the park to play over Dow. 

Gayfield has been a hard place for us to come by a victory the last year after being such a ‘fortress’ (I hate that term) for years and years but 3 home games, albeit one in the Challenege Cup, coming up so maybe we can turn that around. 

Weather looks reasonable and shouldn’t be an issue.

If Arbroath are in any way consistent you will have the tails up and win this comfortably. Wouldn’t bet on this game though. Willing to put money on this being the worst football game I’ve seen in a long time however.

Will still be there purely for the Marcos chippy that awaits.

Albinson

McAllister  Stanger  McGinty  Musonda

Young  Smith

Amartey  McGeady  Chalmers

Rose

Would like to see us going something like that.  Musonda maybe able to shore up the left side of defence and just have him and McAllister worry about defending, let the front 4 play.  Can always adjust that formation to 442 with McGeady going out wide and Amartey and Rose partnering up.

Just now, lichtie23 said:

If Bird and Gold are fit then I’d like us to be unchanged. I’d also like to see the club put the Ayr support in the stand just as they do to us at Somerset

To be fair, you do get terracing at Somerset even if you are in the stand.  I stood at our part behind the dugout on Saturday and it's a far superior view than behind the goals either side.  Also something something bring enough fans to justify opening the railway end dig patter.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Actually looking forward to this game, I was looking forward and hopeful for the game Saturday past after our home performance v Queens Park but that surpassed my expectations. 

Another tough game on Saturday, every single game is in this league that’s just the nature of it but I am hopeful we can get a victory too. 

I don’t think Dick will change the team, very seldom does after a victory never mind a 3-0 victory away from home so expect it’ll be the same again. If we get a left back in thought I’d be tempted to push Stewart up the park to play over Dow. 

Gayfield has been a hard place for us to come by a victory the last year after being such a ‘fortress’ (I hate that term) for years and years but 3 home games, albeit one in the Challenege Cup, coming up so maybe we can turn that around. 

Weather looks reasonable and shouldn’t be an issue.

Despite the above I can already hear our enthralling pre-match press conference droning on about it “being a tough place to go” and “the weather always has its say”.

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

If Bird and Gold are fit then I’d like us to be unchanged. I’d also like to see the club put the Ayr support in the stand just as they do to us at Somerset

2 blocks of the stand and the section of uncovered terracing up to the corner flag. Combined that probably accommodates easily 4-500, waaay more than enough for most visiting supports this season and gives them the option of sitting or standing. Bring a brolly if the forecast is looking wet.

Vital game for Ayr here if we are to avoid sliding towards an early relegation fight.

Arbroath will be rightly confident after their win over Morton and will be looking to avoid the same early fears of a relegation fight as Ayr are.

Logan Chalmers will be a significant asset for us but the defence gives me the fear after Dundee United gubbed us three going on six nil on Saturday.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Dear Lord, what a sad little life, Arbroath. You ruined my day out, completely, so you could have the points, but I hope now you spend it on getting some lessons in grace and decorum because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Dear Lord, what a sad little life, Arbroath. You ruined my day out, completely, so you could have the points, but I hope now you spend it on getting some lessons in grace and decorum because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

IMG_8076.png

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson

Young  Smith

Rose

Would like to see us going something like that.  Musonda maybe able to shore up the left side of defence and just have him and McAllister worry about defending, let the front 4 play.  Can always adjust that formation to 442 with McGeady going out wide and Amartey and Rose partnering up.

Other than Reading in for McGinty I would go for this - although ideally we have a central midfielder able to dictate a game to come in for Smith too. 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson

Young  Smith

Rose

Nah, Musonda is a plain old centre back.  We tried him in one of the full back positions last year and it didn't work.  

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Nah, Musonda is a plain old centre back.  We tried him in one of the full back positions last year and it didn't work.  

I thought he done ok in one of the games he played last year.  It's more about stopping the crosses from coming in down the left than getting anyone forward.  Paddy just simply won't do that and I see the scenario with Musonda starting there than giving Finn the opportuniuty.