Arbroath v Ayr United

In fairness, the away seats in the stand are decent and you will get a good view - but also appreciate how some fans like to stand.

The worst away experience was Falkirk in the cup a couple of years ago where we were all hemmed in like cattle - won't ever be going back there unless it was a play off or something of that nature.

As for Saturday - 2-0 home win.

Ayr fans usually quite rowdy when they come up, be faf watching our "stewards" trying to deal with anything in the corner of the main stand. Missed last week and really looking forward to this tomorrow, feels like we are actually capable of scoring a couple of goals now. Home win hopefully to set me up for my football teams smoker afterwards 

58 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Ayr fans usually quite rowdy when they come up, be faf watching our "stewards" trying to deal with anything in the corner of the main stand. Missed last week and really looking forward to this tomorrow, feels like we are actually capable of scoring a couple of goals now. Home win hopefully to set me up for my football teams smoker afterwards 

That sounds like a write off of a day…..and I’m severely jealous   

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Agree.

Even though, in theory, I would love a return to the days of no segregation and swapping ends at Gayfield, we have to admit that those days are gone… at least while we’re in the Championship.

I still think Arbroath are one of the better and more flexible clubs in the league in the way that away support is accommodated. Sell enough tickets and they’ll tailor the allocation accordingly.

Although I do think that a small area of terracing should be a given no matter how few visiting fans there are as some prefer to stand and others like the novelty.

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Excellent decision. No need to be accommodating to away supporters. 

Football fans can be incredibly strange individuals. 

Moan like f**k about being treated poorly at away games, will we treat away fans well at our place? Nah, f**k them!

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Heard rumours that it may be reopening. Hope that’s true as it’s (was) my favourite pre match pub. Tend to go to The Commercial now but it’s not as convenient.

Yea I heard the same. Would hope it’s open sooner rather than later 

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nah you obviously want to accommodate to away supporters as long as it doesn’t hinder the home supporter’s experience…. There’s a happy medium to be found.

Up to the corner flag keeps everyone happy. 

Aye that would put me off especially as the seating tickets at our level won't be allocated.     Would be like QoS away a couple of years ago where there's folk arguing with stewards and standing in aisles etc as wanting to sit with pals / family and stewards not opening the wee bit of terracing as there's the odd single empty seat dotted about etc.