Arbroath v Ayr United

14 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

What’s going on with the tickets??

They have been on sale for over a week and had a terracing option and now it’s gone!

Why?

Theres 72 seats available to buy on the site. What’s going on?

12 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

So that’s Morton now refusing us into the stand and now Arbroath are offering 72 tickets?

WTF is going on with away days!? Turning to shite.

When the 72 tickets sell the terracing will open up. What is so hard to understand here? 

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

When the 72 tickets sell the terracing will open up. What is so hard to understand here? 

It’s pointless though. The remaining tickets will sell and the terracing will get opened. What’s this achieving?

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Powder keg! 

I think the stewards have every right to be fearful - after all it very nearly kicked off v QP with those 5 Arbroath pensioners standing within 30 yards of the away support, leading to the deployment of a line of stewards on the terracing to separate the snarling mobs.

Without their very speedy and totally appropriate level of overreaction, it could quite easily have been a bloodbath - Werthers Originals have been known to take an eye out don’t you know. Lucky that QP supporter that used to go with a trombone wasn’t there.

I mean, it’s not like opposing fans mix pre and post match without a hint of trouble is it?

Safety first.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It’s pointless though. The remaining tickets will sell and the terracing will get opened. What’s this achieving?

Completely agree. Having a small section of terracing makes no difference to anyone and gives opposing fans a choice. It is literally a case of moving some portable barriers a few yards.

51 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

I would always give away fans at least the corner of the terracing allowing arbroath fans to still go behind the goal

I agree with this.  For fans who are coming from terrible all seater lego boxes (obv not Ayr), some of them will be looking forward to a real stadium.  We should always have a wee corner available.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hope Arbroath fans are given the stand only for their next visit. Time to start treating away fans the way we're treated. 

We'll let you downstairs when you sell out the stand section😉

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hope Arbroath fans are given the stand only for their next visit. Time to start treating away fans the way we're treated. 

Tbf, I'm pretty sure we've already been doing that for a while?

No problem with clubs prioritising their own supporters tbh. 

I get a bit frustrated when there's a completely empty area that isn't going to be used at all and we're squashed into somewhere (i.e. Morton). But if there's reason to believe that Arbroath supporters regularly move around and use both ends (which I'm sure they do), and they feel it gives them an advantage, then fair doos. 

Edited by AuAl

Getting to the old firm level here,

Arbroath need to be very careful as said we could end up getting treating badly at away games,

Giving away fans the seating area in the stand and up the corner flag should be absolutely no issue at all, 

Having them crammed together in thr stand will probably give them a better atmosphere and probably he harder to control for the stewards, 

26 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

That’s the point.

Is some idiot at Arbroath genuinely on the fence about Ayr bringing more than 72 fans? Come to f**k. 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

If it is or isn’t you could argue about it all day the fact is it’s a non issue and there’s no point getting worked up over it 

Sell enough tickets, you'll get terracing.  If you bought a stand ticket and terracing is open, you'll be able to stand if you want.  Yes, the club should make it clear that a corner of terracing will be open, but maybe contact the club and ask rather than just sobbing about it on here?

It isn't any different from other clubs that offer single blocks of their stand for sale at a time, and then open new blocks as old ones sell out.  Its a non issue!