Liked how the team lined up to start on Saturday but would change a few of the personnel.

Would like a back four of Taggs - Neill - Devine - Deveney. That's probably our best back four but they need a run of games together to gain an understanding. Will be tricky to give Devine a run of games given he seems to play one miss one at the moment. 

Midfield a bit harder, depends who is available and what way were going to line it up. Would imagine Scougall and Hetherington will start whatever shape we play

Up front hard to gauge Steven, he pressed a lot but never had many chances to show what he can do on the ball. Sammon does a lot of running about too but for his height and build, gets beaten in the air too often when we punt the ball up. Nice to see Rodden score on Saturday, he seems like a confidence striker. 

Based off Rice’s comments after the game on Saturday, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Morgyn Neill dropped. Been pretty hopeless for us IMO despite getting good reviews from previous clubs and looked to me like he gave up a couple of times when a boy went passed him on Saturday. Can’t say the other options we have in there give me much hope either in fairness. 

Fingers crossed he goes for a 1 up front (not a chance that’ll happen!) and we play to our strengths by having as many midfielders as we can have on the pitch at once as that’s where we’re probably strongest.

Probably worth pointing out we started last season with 3 losses and 1 win before going on a good run and we looked equally as hopeless at that point with a hammering at home to FC Edinburgh and an awful performance away at Airdrie in there. Let’s hope we start another good run here.

7 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Based off Rice’s comments after the game on Saturday, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Morgyn Neill dropped. Been pretty hopeless for us IMO despite getting good reviews from previous clubs and looked to me like he gave up a couple of times when a boy went passed him on Saturday. Can’t say the other options we have in there give me much hope either in fairness. 

Fingers crossed he goes for a 1 up front (not a chance that’ll happen!) and we play to our strengths by having as many midfielders as we can have on the pitch at once as that’s where we’re probably strongest.

Probably worth pointing out we started last season with 3 losses and 1 win before going on a good run and we looked equally as hopeless at that point with a hammering at home to FC Edinburgh and an awful performance away at Airdrie in there. Let’s hope we start another good run here.

Neill and Debayo were two of the players I thought Rice was talking about.

51 minutes ago, printer said:

Neill and Debayo were two of the players I thought Rice was talking about.

So we might see Deveney, and ..................  Mackay ? i fear the QOTS fans were right about him so far so we have poor options 

unless we play Andy graham , not ideal but mayber a better bet .

50 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

So we might see Deveney, and ..................  Mackay ? i fear the QOTS fans were right about him so far so we have poor options 

unless we play Andy graham , not ideal but mayber a better bet .

I can see Taggs slotting into central defence.

8 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Having a defence that does not look like a sunday league formation is more of a priority IMO

Whats with the Red Lion AI thing on the X (twitter ) meme ?  I dont get it ...

Having a manager that's not lost it would be a start 

23 hours ago, Rory said:

Liked how the team lined up to start on Saturday but would change a few of the personnel.

Would like a back four of Taggs - Neill - Devine - Deveney. That's probably our best back four but they need a run of games together to gain an understanding. Will be tricky to give Devine a run of games given he seems to play one miss one at the moment. 

Midfield a bit harder, depends who is available and what way were going to line it up. Would imagine Scougall and Hetherington will start whatever shape we play

Up front hard to gauge Steven, he pressed a lot but never had many chances to show what he can do on the ball. Sammon does a lot of running about too but for his height and build, gets beaten in the air too often when we punt the ball up. Nice to see Rodden score on Saturday, he seems like a confidence striker. 

As a Falkirk fan I was surprised by Sammon. He is the only player I have ever seen get smaller when jumping. Never looked like winning headers. 

52 minutes ago, Double t said:

As a Falkirk fan I was surprised by Sammon. He is the only player I have ever seen get smaller when jumping. Never looked like winning headers. 

Have you seen him up close ? , he is the proverbial built like a brick S***house type , putting that in the air is much harder than say Maciver who is slim and soars in comparison to Sammon . All about physique , What sammon is good at is holding the ball (most of the time ) and glancing near post headers, he is getting on in years mind you ,we have seen his best and he can't have much longer to play .

18 hours ago, printer said:

I can see Taggs slotting into central defence.

Taggs and Andy Graham at the back I think, with Buchanan right back and Devenny left back.

Put Ogayi in goals too and this game could be ridiculously entertaining. Im perversely looking forward to it. Some people may be criticising the manager for his post match tirade last week but it was a "money interview" for me- its made this game a must watch. I'm revelling in the chaos.

7 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Taggs and Andy Graham at the back I think, with Buchanan right back and Devenny left back.

Put Ogayi in goals too and this game could be ridiculously entertaining. Im perversely looking forward to it. Some people may be criticising the manager for his post match tirade last week but it was a "money interview" for me- its made this game a must watch. I'm revelling in the chaos.

Not saying PJ has been cursed by a Falkirk witch doctor but our two wins have been with him(Ogayi) in goals. If only for that reason we need to play him to test the theory.

Falkirk've got previous for the dark arts

Source: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12301832.sorcerer-weaves-magic-for-falkirk/

Edited by LeodhasXD

Cove come into this one inconsistent at best. Hartley's wholesale changes are either yet to gel, or far more likely the vast majority are just nowhere near good enough and will inevitably need emptied either before or after he does. 

Cove fans have been waiting in hope for weeks for Fyvie and Yule to come back and give us some control, creativity and breaking of the lines in the middle. Importantly these players will feed our front 3 of Mitch, Williamson and Burrell. Latter two have pace to burn but need supply.

Without Fyvie & Yule, the tactic of airmailing from defence to our front 3 and then win second balls is pitifully and something Morgyn will be relishing if he starts. Hearing his life at Alloa hasn't quite gone to plan yet.

4 games in and I have no idea how we'll end up this season. There's some promise with players returning but equally even then we're not strong enough defensively to go on long unbeaten runs.

Alloa have quality in the middle with the likes of evergreen Scougall and Cawley but missing a natural finisher and, like us, are vulnerable to concede. Sammon can get goals at this level, he's proved that but needs to step up again this season to get the Wasps where they want to be.

Both sides needing a win for momentum and therefore will likely be cagey in my opinion. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Great three points but why did we make it so difficult for ourselves? I get BR is under pressure but why go five at the back second half?
Good first half with a back four, fb’s pushing on, midfield coping well and creating chances, scoring a goal.

2nd half, too deep, midfield overrun with a man less and end up sitting deeper and deeper. That 2nd half was a terrible watch and BR should have gone back to the back 4 imo. 
The formation change wasn’t working and we were lucky to ride the Cove pressure. 

Still a few mistakes early on in defence but thankfully managed to tighten things up. 

Debayo looked much better at CB than he did last week but defensively Deveney still needs a lot of improvement. I think he'll be like Church in his first season, in and out the side, good going forward but not the best at the back. Put in a couple of good balls though and if we were quicker switching the play could have put a few more in.

Devine looked steady when he came on, nice to see him play almost two full games in a row. Same with Neill after he made a couple errors early on.

Steven looked good today too, was a bit surprised he came off for LD as he'd been one of our best players.

Didn't like the formation change, felt it just invited Cove on to us but thankfully we held on.

Three points, a clean sheet and two games without giving away a penalty. Hopefully we can push on and move up the table