Cyprus V Scotland 8.9.23

velo army

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunn has played 5 games for us now and I dont think hes made a save yet, other than the odd instance of good handling from tame long range strikes.

Defensively Porteous, Hendry and Tierney have been phenomenal. As have the midfield in front of them.

We're winning the fucking Euros with Ryan Porteous at the back. What a multiverse this is.

I think it says it all about this beautiful team that we haven't really needed Adams to be in the game much at all to still be dishing out a hammering.

I think what's been most impressive hasn't just been the scoreline, which obviously is great at this stage, but the fact we are controlling possession mainly, pinging passes about left right and centre and generally haven't been (other than a couple of chances after the opener) troubled.

I'm delighted for Porteous more than most because, despite some of the unwarranted stick he gets, he's become another consistent performer in a Scotland shirt and just feels great for him to get a goal.

Thought I'd post all of this now before my ramblings become even more drink-laden....

Just now, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Get Ferguson on for some game time, he is a good player for Bologna. Nisbet as well.

The fact we've got these types of players on the bench as well augurs well for us - I'd give it till the hour mark and then start thinking about some swaps assuming we're still well on top, especially Robbo and Porteous just to protect them