Cyprus V Scotland 8.9.23

velo army

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Absolutely glorious stuff. That was an absolute stroll, what a group of players. To go out there, make no excuses about the heat and just get it done in half an hour shows the elite mentality among this group.

The players and Clarke deserve huge amounts of credit. In fact Clarke is a god among men.

Gone are the days of scraping by Cyprus in 2019. Gone are the days where Strachan handed weak players the "we don't have to win" line in Georgia in 2015, where the heat was to blame.

On a night where Croatia, Armenia and Turkey have combined to sink West England and the two Irelands are already fucked out automatically, it really is glorious. Not that I've a 2016 sized chip on my shoulder.

Real Ireland (RoI) have a decent chance of going through if they can get a couple of results.

The Belfast pub team are down and out, though.

Just now, Virtual Insanity said:

Not a fucking hope. 

Netherlands v Ireland on Sunday will decide it. The Dutch look pish, though.

Greece to go through, or just say they're all too shite and give the spot to Luxembourg, who have 10pts in their own group, because it's funnier.

5 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Netherlands v Ireland on Sunday will decide it. The Dutch look pish, though.

Greece to go through, or just say they're all too shite and give the spot to Luxembourg, who have 10pts in their own group, because it's funnier.

If Ireland qualify I will switch allegiances for life.