Accies Vs Alloa

Despite the ending I enjoyed the game. It really could have went either way and I thought Alloa looked likely to win in the closing stages. If Donnelly is fit we'll be fine I think, he was excellent when he came on. ODonnell really good and I thought Kurtis Roberts was decent before being subbed. Second half in particular was a really good performance. 

Really good fun at half time when all the younger fans bonded over a game of head tennis across the barrier. A much better experience than our last trip to Hamilton overall, although a bit cruel on the team that we left empty handed.

I'm sure it's of little consolation to Alloa but you're the best team I've seen us play so far this season. 

Eventhough Stirling drew with, we should've won that game comfortably. Yesterday's match was by far the most even game we've been a part of. 

4 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Despite the ending I enjoyed the game. It really could have went either way and I thought Alloa looked likely to win in the closing stages. If Donnelly is fit we'll be fine I think, he was excellent when he came on. ODonnell really good and I thought Kurtis Roberts was decent before being subbed. Second half in particular was a really good performance. 

Really good fun at half time when all the younger fans bonded over a game of head tennis across the barrier. A much better experience than our last trip to Hamilton overall, although a bit cruel on the team that we left empty handed.

On the basis of his delivery from dead balls alone Cammy is worth his place in the team just now. Harsh on Deveny, who has been effective when he's played - perhaps there's a way of fitting them both?

2 hours ago, printer said:

Harsh on Deveny, who has been effective when he's played - perhaps there's a way of fitting them both?

We done it last season with Strachan and Church when they were both fit. Church wasn't the best defender but done ok at CB, especially with Stanger and Taggs usually being the other two CBs. Not sure how well it would work with Deveney, Cammy and our current CBs though.

4 hours ago, Rory said:

We done it last season with Strachan and Church when they were both fit. Church wasn't the best defender but done ok at CB, especially with Stanger and Taggs usually being the other two CBs. Not sure how well it would work with Deveney, Cammy and our current CBs though.

Or we could accommodate them both in the team by just playing them in their best positions. Radical thinking, I know. Cammy is long overdue a proper run in midfield. 

Seemed like an encouraging performance yesterday (funnily enough with pretty much everyone in their natural roles). Said it often enough but there are plenty of good players in the squad and we are capable of much more than we've seen so far. Can only hope PJ isn't badly injured though or we are going to be in bother. 

17 hours ago, Waspie said:

Or we could accommodate them both in the team by just playing them in their best positions. Radical thinking, I know. Cammy is long overdue a proper run in midfield. 

Playing people in their regular positions would be boring when the teams announced and you're trying to guess who is playing where!

18 hours ago, Waspie said:

Seemed like an encouraging performance yesterday (funnily enough with pretty much everyone in their natural roles). Said it often enough but there are plenty of good players in the squad and we are capable of much more than we've seen so far. Can only hope PJ isn't badly injured though or we are going to be in bother. 

Indeed. He has different qualities to all of our other midfielders, none of who contribute much in the way of goal scoring threat (apart from Kev if he was played centrally - where Scougs has been most of the season). 

With that left peg you'd like to think he would get a few goals and assists with a run as an attacking midfielder.