Accies Vs Alloa

Got out of jail today. Tempo and hunger no where near good enough. Alloas replacement keeper worst iv seen at any level yet we hardly put him under pressure. 

Points only positive to take from today. Move on and be prepared for a massive game next week. 

Well we were absolutely rotten and robbed Alloa of, at least, a point. 

Other than our two goals, I can't really think of a time where we looked like scoring. Alloa's goal was abysmal from the defence and keeper, everyone just watching the ball rather than attacking it. 

I stand by, even more so now, that Jamie Smith should be in goal. Thought Fulton looked very shaky today.

However, winning when you're very poor is a good sign.

On the plus side for Alloa, your fans definitely won the half time headers from where I was stood. What happened with the middle aged Karen getting huckled out and laying blows on the steward?

Edited by Accies1

I thought we played fairly well today and Debayo and O'Donnell were our best players. After a poor start came more and more into the game, especially after our equaliser. We need to build on this and get something from Annan or the pressure is right back on Rice.

Thought we more or less controlled the game without threatening until we scored. I thought then that Alloa would come out a bit and we might get another 1 or 2. Alloa did come out more and looked the better team, thoroughly deserved their equaliser and could have won it with some luck before. McGlynn's goal gave us a barely deserved 3 points.  

I hope Alloa's keeper isn't badly injured as their sub was a bombscare. 

Bit of a strange game, felt Hamilton were the better team over the piece but created very little, yet still walked away feeling it was 3 points that were there for the taking. 

Another 2 very poor goals to concede which is concerning, especially as I didn’t really feel we looked like conceding really - possibly more to do with Hamilton being a bit lacklustre up top rather than us being defensively solid though in fairness. 

Our opening 20 minutes of both halves were very poor, far to passive and pedestrian, and it was only when we started to move the ball a bit quicker that we started to come in to the game. 

Good performance from Cammy down the left and thought Taylor Steven looked quite useful, but there’s still too many of that team not quite at the level they need to be. 

Next week already a must win away at Annan. 

10 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Also, when the Alloa keeper went off injured, why wasn't he taken off on a stretcher? The guy was struggling to walk. Please tell me we had a stretcher in the ground. 

Apparently this was the cause of the half-time altercation which led to the Alloa fan being ejected.

For all Cammy was good again and gives us genuine set piece attacking quality, part of the blame for the winner has to go on him losing the ball so easily from the half-cleared corner allowing Hamilton to break and necessitate Stevie's concession of the foul. We defended the free-kick poorly as far as I could make out from distance too.

Neill's lack of pace/indecision leading to PJ'S injury was also frustrating. I still don't feel he's the right man to play in the middle of the back three.

Agree with @Kevchenko that both goals were poor and that we looked much better when we moved the ball more quickly. I thought LD coming on enabled the latter (Sammon was poor again IMO - difficult to move the ball sharply when your main forwards movement is below par). 

I liked the way Taylor Steven tangled with Martin on the touchline and had a wee kick at Macdonald late on.

Annan will be a tough test, but we need to start picking up wins.

Obviously a last minute winner is class but there is still some negative aspects of today. O’Hara still not good enough McGlynn must be due to replace him by now after bagging the winner.

Disappointing not to test the actual competition winner Alloa had in goals for 60 minutes. If Morrison is going to be out for a fair bit Chipper will need to raid the loan market for a keeper as a more prolific team will bag a few against him.

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Obviously a last minute winner is class but there is still some negative aspects of today. O’Hara still not good enough McGlynn must be due to replace him by now after bagging the winner.

Disappointing not to test the actual competition winner Alloa had in goals for 60 minutes. If Morrison is going to be out for a fair bit Chipper will need to raid the loan market for a keeper as a more prolific team will bag a few against him.

We put four past PJ just saying. 

Can't say Alloa didn't deserve something, could have a been in front if they had a little bit more luck with the shot off the bar.

Alloa came and sat in early on and we didn't seem to know what to do to threaten them, which made the whole 1st half a non-event. 2nd half we managed to direct the ball on goal twice which thankfully was enough, as others have said the Alloa sub keeper was horrific, stood still for both our goals.

Peach of a free kick leading to Alloa's goal, was right behind it and the curve was ridiculous. Our defence seemed to fall asleep after it hit the bar, all ball watched as Alloa hit it home.

We'll play better and not win I'm sure, so I'll happily take the points and move on.

This Ogayi hate is quite amusing. Imagining a completely different game than was being played. He's made an incredible save to deny Longridge and has been tidy coming to claim or punch away a few crosses. Think there was one or two awkward ones but 'competition winner' deserves his spot.

Might need a goallie on loan anyway right enough. Spoke to him at the end and he's done something to his knee.

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

This Ogayi hate is quite amusing. Imagining a completely different game than was being played. He's made an incredible save to deny Longridge and has been tidy coming to claim or punch away a few crosses. Think there was one or two awkward ones but 'competition winner' deserves his spot.

Might need a goallie on loan anyway right enough. Spoke to him at the end and he's done something to his knee.

That's not the word which comes immediately to my mind. 😉