Week 2

lichtie23

Guest DannyBlue
On 15/09/2023 at 13:37, Brummie Clyde said:

Difficult to judge Hurts. He's had success, but has an amazing OLine, DeVonta Smith,  AJ Brown and Goddert, plus a decent run game to work with.

So how much is him being good and how much a stellar team?

I think he's quite good, maybe top 10 but no higher. The Eagles have done a brilliant job building a team that suits his strength and really maximises his running potential to help open things up. I was listening to a podcast, though and they mentioned so far this season Hurts has thrown 3 explosive pass plays this season, whereas last year, his lowest 2 game sample was six.

It will be interesting going forward, I felt Flores and Belichick both had good plans to stop Hurts which largely worked insofar as clamping down the recievers and getting the D line to rush in a way that limited or prevented Hurts from scrambling. In the end, the Pats turned the ball over too much and the Vikings couldn't stop the run, so that ended it. Next week the Eagles are in Tampa, another game they should win, but Bowles is a good coordinator and I can't help but think the Eagles might end up an extremely vulnerable-looking 3-0 side. Either its an indication they can win, playing averagely as a sign of a champ or it could a sign that things could be falling away a bit.

I'm a Giants fan, its hard to be confident after last week, but I expect a big reaction from that embarrassment, I felt the Cards were pretty awful last week and Washington kept them in the game for too long and I think Wink Martindale is going to have some things ready that will embarrass the Cards offence. Giants -4 seems a good bet but I never break the golden rule, which is I never bet on Giants or Hibs matches.

7 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Ridder playing QB looks like when an outfield player has to go in goals.

Next years draft looks QB stacked. Plus we are likely to have additional 2nd round pick from Calvin Ridley trade. Ammo to move up in the draft if Ridder doesn't improve. 

Guest DannyBlue

I'm convinced each year Scott Hanson is more and more convinced we are tuning into Redzone to watch him. Waited ages for that call in Atlanta and when it comes hes shouting over the top of it because two guys have the same surname.

5 minutes ago, DannyBlue said:

I'm convinced each year Scott Hanson is more and more convinced we are tuning into Redzone to watch him. Waited ages for that call in Atlanta and when it comes hes shouting over the top of it because two guys have the same surname.

Fear the widespread praise he gets may have went to his head. Guy doesn’t know when to stop.

10 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Not looking forward to Vita Vea going against our OLine Interior.

Eberflus will be calling our DEF, as DEF CO. Alan Williams is out for personal reasons. 

The OL have actually been serviceable. Fields on the other hand has been terrible, just will not throw the ball and the WRs have been wide open on many of the plays!

Edited by Angus_Don

Just now, lichtie23 said:

How’s the night going lads? That’s me just in from golf 

All going great, the Bears are currently on course to lose their 12th game in a row and are playing like they wont win a game again until sometime around mid 2025. How did u score?