Russell Brand - In Plain Sight

ICTChris

25 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

We were short up front at that time and were looking for someone with a predatory instinct in and around the box.

Around the box? Stick a couple of pubes around the 18 yard line and he'd have won the ballon d'or. The sleazy c**t.

Still interested in the context in which the club wanted to interact with the creepy weirdo in the first place?

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Why do "celebs" tweet/post that sort of shite as if folk are interested in what they have to say on random topics (maybe some folk are), and why do they never learn that it'll come back to bite them on the bum?

The author is nowhere nearly as smart as she thinks she is.

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Still interested in the context in which the club wanted to interact with the creepy weirdo in the first place?

No idea tbh. A guess would be that he was in Edinburgh filming or promoting.

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

No idea, but that call was absolutely horrifying. 

It was. I was a bit drunk watching it last night so can’t remember if that was the first time it was revealed. 

The Andrew Sachs stuff looks so much worse now as well, calling up an old man to goad him about knobbing his granddaughter for goodness sake.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

It was. I was a bit drunk watching it last night so can’t remember if that was the first time it was revealed. 

The Andrew Sachs stuff looks so much worse now as well, calling up an old man to goad him about knobbing his granddaughter for goodness sake.

Him and Ross should both have been cancelled on the back of that shit. Ross is another despicable c**t who should have been removed from MSM long ago. His far less famous brother was outed very publicly for personal misdemeanours in his marriage (all consensual afaik). Why is that p***k still on TV to this day after such disgusting, juvenile behaviour? Another one who makes the skin crawl.

I may be wrong but.im.sutr Private Eye has been rallying against these super injunctions for years and this and Schofield were two that were seen as being used to protect personality rather than victims. I'm assuming both stories came out after extensions to them weren't granted?

On 16/09/2023 at 00:16, ICTChris said:

Lots of rumours online about a big breaking story/scandal to come out this weekend.  Channel 4 has scheduled an episode of Dispatches with no details between 9pm and 10:30pm on Saturday night and it's alleged that the Sunday Times are also preparing to report on whatever this story is.

So at least for the next few hours we have the hilarious spectacle of loads of weirdos speculating about what the story is.  So lets join in.

What do P&Bers think the big breaking story is?

What is your favourite big breaking story?

What's your favourite rumour that people assured you was about to break but never did?

I think it’s going to be about Russell Brand. 

19 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Him and Ross should both have been cancelled on the back of that shit. Ross is another despicable c**t who should have been removed from MSM long ago. His far less famous brother was outed very publicly for personal misdemeanours in his marriage (all consensual afaik). Why is that p***k still on TV to this day after such disgusting, juvenile behaviour? Another one who makes the skin crawl.

To be as fair as I possibly can be here - Ross was far worse than brand in that saga and it was him who mentioned the granddaughter. A 47 year old man goading a 78 year old man about a 33 year old man shagging his 23 year old granddaughter is despicable behaviour that you can’t come back from.

Sachs came out after it saying he didn’t want it to go any further saying he was a performer and sometimes performances go horribly wrong.

It still hasn’t aged well.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

No idea, but that call was absolutely horrifying. 

Very, very sinister. I thought Brand was having a joke from the transcript I'd seen but the actual call is horrifying. The way he speaks about the assistant like some fucking slave is jailtime.

9 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

The Brand/Ross, Sachs call was really typical of the sort of 00's cruel cultural wasteland and 'lads, lads, lads' attitudes of the time.

Sadly it was & the victim blaming because she was part of a burlesque dance group called Satanic Sluts was typically depressing.

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I see Irvine Welsh is defending his pal Brand by using whataboutery based on easily disproven RT disinformation.  Some people really should just keep their mouths shut.  

Is he not more pointing out how the line tends to stop when it comes to the Royals? Perhaps I'm being rather charitable. 

7 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Is he not more pointing out how the line tends to stop when it comes to the Royals? Perhaps I'm being rather charitable. 

That’s a take I didn’t think of, and you could be right. I still think he’s rather steamed in there.