Russell Brand - In Plain Sight

ICTChris

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Richard Herrings RHLSTP 69 with Louis Theroux from 2015 makes interesting listening in the light of all of this. 

Brans being a beast seems to have been well known amongst his peers.

I've only ever listened to the one with Limmy, do they actually namedrop him?

On 23/09/2023 at 20:17, Ziggy Sobotka said:

It's also possible to think that based on the credible evidence and his own (oft admitted) patterns of behaviour, that he's probably guilty of some awful behaviour and to think that this is being revealed now because he's no longer useful and an opponent of the main stream media who encouraged and enabled his behaviour previously.

I've no doubt he's been enabled by the media but the delay in challenging him has probably more to do with him running to his lawyer at the first hint of a threat.  Dispatches said themselves that the investigation had gone on for years - it was only recently they had hard evidence (such as verifiable texts) to run this.  I've no doubt that they trailed the programme at the last minute to quickly counter any legal intervention by Brand.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I've no doubt he's been enabled by the media but the delay in challenging him has probably more to do with him running to his lawyer at the first hint of a threat.  Dispatches said themselves that the investigation had gone on for years - it was only recently they had hard evidence (such as verifiable texts) to run this.  I've no doubt that they trailed the programme ag the last minute to quickly counter any legal intervention by Brand.

The Times/Sunday Times and Despatches told his lawyers eight days before publication what they were doing. He would also have known what was coming - in his response video he said that people close to him had been contacted so he would have known things were happening. 

In terms of him challenging it legally, News Corp obviously have more resources to make sure things are legally sound to publish. It’s been said in the past that other organisations have investigated him - Vice was one I heard. Brand also said to one of the accusers that he would sue her and his lawyers sent an aggressive letter to another (the 16 year old who says he sexually assaulted her), indicating one of the main ways that people use lawyers to squash these things - get the threats in early.

I get the impression that the reason he's been forced onto social media for his living is that people have refused to work with him on UK TV since about 2018. Hollywood seems to have dried up for him too. Youtube cutting his funds will be a serious blow, he was reputed to be getting about $1m a year from advertising on it, now he's reduced to begging on Rumble. He's always got his pub to fall back on though, nano violin required.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I get the impression that the reason he's been forced onto social media for his living is that people have refused to work with him on UK TV since about 2018. Hollywood seems to have dried up for him too. Youtube cutting his funds will be a serious blow, he was reputed to be getting about $1m a year from advertising on it, now he's reduced to begging on Rumble. He's always got his pub to fall back on though, nano violin required.

He's an absolute weirdo, but even just the movies he was in last year grossed over billion dollars.

17 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Wooten been sacked by the woke lefty trans loving daily mail now 

Good stuff, he's another utter wrong 'un. If this current onslaught on weirdos and deviants finally rids t.v. and t'internet of him, Brand, Fox etc. (with a decent stretch in the pokey for a few of them) the world will be a far better place for it.

That cnut Morgan next, please while the knives are still out.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

3 hours ago, Al B said:

He's an absolute weirdo, but even just the movies he was in last year grossed over billion dollars.

There's a time lag at work here "Minions: The Rise of Groo" and "Death on the Nile" were films he would have worked on in late 2019 early 2020. Branagh started casting Death on the Nile in 2018
and he would have been cast as Doctor Nefario because it was reprising a previous role.

So the suggestion that Hollywood dried up for him around that time remains a sensible one

Certainly his "Upcoming" list on IMDB is non-existent

He was surprisingly good in Death on the Nile TBF. Didn't realise it was him until quite well into the film. Then again, plenty of folk thought Klaus Kinski was a good actor, and the Wokerati unfairly cancelled him post-mortem just because he raped his own daughter  :rolleyes:

It's pointless to talk about people like Brand or Fox suffering due to work drying up. They're rich beyond our wildest dreams, and will live very comfortable lives of luxury without ever having to work again.

2 minutes ago, BTFD said:

He was surprisingly good in Death on the Nile TBF. Didn't realise it was him until quite well into the film. Then again, plenty of folk thought Klaus Kinski was a good actor, and the Wokerati unfairly cancelled him post-mortem just because he raped his own daughter  :rolleyes:

It's pointless to talk about people like Brand or Fox suffering due to work drying up. They're rich beyond our wildest dreams, and will live very comfortable lives of luxury without ever having to work again.

Could make it slightly less comfortable for Brand if they put the fucker in the clink where he belongs.

Its interesting to me that his pivot to hard rightism seemed to happen at the same time as him getting blacklisted from the UK media sphere amongst the rumours he was a sexual assaulter. Probably had some foresight to realise that this was necessary if he was going to go down the "MSM corrupt media cancelling me!!!!" route of defence.