UEFA Conference League 23/24

GNU_Linux

Apparently it came in for this season

Law 10 – Determining the Outcome of a Match

• The term ‘kicks from the penalty mark’ to be replaced by ‘penalties (penalty shoot-out)’
  • Clarification that warnings and cautions for team officials, as well as for players, are not carried forward into penalties (penalty shoot-out)

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/2023-24-law-changes-explained

4 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

He's a fucking horrible c**t that Martinez. 

Wary of going full TalkSport here, but why is it always South Americans that act like this?

While going full talk sport.

He barely even did anything there tbh, certainly nothing out of the ordinary. 

17 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

He's a fucking horrible c**t that Martinez. 

Wary of going full TalkSport here, but why is it always South Americans that act like this?

I fucking love him.

A piss boiler of a goalkeeper that can back it up is class.

Jordan Pickford tries to do similar stuff but he's shite playing for relegation fodder so just looks like a p***k doing it.

12 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

I fucking love him.

A piss boiler of a goalkeeper that can back it up is class.

Jordan Pickford tries to do similar stuff but he's shite playing for relegation fodder so just looks like a p***k doing it.

I do as well. He’s just a bit of a wind-up merchant, I don’t think he’s ever done anything that’s especially nasty or awful, just taking the piss and trying to put the opposition off.  I get it if you are playing him mind, he’d be annoying as f**k. 

15 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Apparently it’s always been the case that penalty kicks aren’t classed as part of the match. The wording just changed a bit.

Yep, I remembered the rule from a "You Are The Ref" question.

Two yellows still equal a suspension though...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/emiliano-martinez-handed-uefa-ban-29025019?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

10 hours ago, highlandmac said:

Nice to see an English,greek&Belgian  team in these semis,the whole point of this competition is surely to give teams from some of the lesser nations a shot at glory

I do like this competition and it has been a great addition but the 2 winners so far are from Italy and England and this years final could be from they 2 as well. I don't grudge Roma and West Ham their titles as the CL has become a closed shop. I would hope over the next few years we see teams from nations out with the top 5-6 ranked countries win this or the Europa.

14 hours ago, ahemps said:

I do like this competition and it has been a great addition but the 2 winners so far are from Italy and England and this years final could be from they 2 as well. I don't grudge Roma and West Ham their titles as the CL has become a closed shop. I would hope over the next few years we see teams from nations out with the top 5-6 ranked countries win this or the Europa.

I was,obviously,having a wee laugh at our arrogant southern neighbours expense given their past week in Europe 

No particular liking for them at all,but I'd love to see olympiakos win it,I hate seeing these trophies being used merely as a means for teams from the more established nations getting closer to the "dream" of CL qualification ie riches

• 2 weeks later...