Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

It'll be that early run where it seemed to be 1-0 to us every week that done it. I'd think it'd have been consistently going down since then.

At least he got out while he still has that.

Did we not have our longest ever unbeaten run under Dodds?

We had our longest losing run but I'm pretty sure it was followed by the longest unbeaten run.
Doesn't change a thing either way.

20 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

Did we not have our longest ever unbeaten run under Dodds?

We had our longest losing run but I'm pretty sure it was followed by the longest unbeaten run.
Doesn't change a thing either way.

I don’t think so. Butcher in the second half of our Division One winning season springs to mind?

28 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I don’t think so. Butcher in the second half of our Division One winning season springs to mind?

Wikipedia has our longest unbeaten streak spread over our 1st and 2nd season down 

• Longest unbeaten streak (league): 25 games – between 17 March 2018 and 1 December 2018.

21 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Wikipedia has our longest unbeaten streak spread over our 1st and 2nd season down 

• Longest unbeaten streak (league): 25 games – between 17 March 2018 and 1 December 2018.

Bloody hell. No way we were unbeaten until December in the league!?

Edit - turns out we were. A lot of draws but unbeaten none the less.

Edited by PB1994

FB_IMG_1694203557982.thumb.jpg.50d0846368d3acfce9170f355261c7f6.jpg

16 hours ago, sophia said:

It was very obvious from the post-match communication that there was knowledge earlier in the evening.

The news hit this website shortly after the game concluded, 22:02 if I recall correctly, so it is reasonable to conclude that ICT staff knew much earlier.

The ICT team that performed so much better in the preceding league game against Queens Park were miles away from that performance in the cup game and I walked away despairing about the abject display. In hindsight, we can explain why.

it is reasonable, indeed logical, to suggest that since the news broke within the ICT club much earlier, it influenced the game and unreasonable to frame it as you have.

Or is this another post you won't read?

29 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Bloody hell. No way we were unbeaten until December in the league!?

Edit - turns out we were. A lot of draws but unbeaten none the less.

I do seem to remember we drew a hell of a lot of games at the beginning of that season and we did finish 3rd tbf 

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Nah what we do  is usually get next nothing up front if going to another Scottish club in exchange for higher %age sell on, see Hickey as an example. As for O'dea I would imagine our youth/reserve coaches aren't on long term deals, just your more standard contracts.

You never sold Hickey, technically. The sell on was compensation agreed with Hearts as you were due something thanks to offering him a professional deal (that he rejected).

Unsure if he’d want to move away from Glasgow, but McCall does have experience getting teams out of a mess. (albeit he hasn’t always managed to do so within the season he was appointed) 

Seems to have always had a good eye for a player and can create a pretty decent championship outfit, but just can’t go any further than that. 

Out of a lot of the names mentioned, he would be one of the better options.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You never sold Hickey, technically. The sell on was compensation agreed with Hearts as you were due something thanks to offering him a professional deal (that he rejected).

I never said we sold him? As we are due compensation that generally Scottish clubs would never pay we agree a higher %age sell on instead.  

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I never said we sold him? As we are due compensation that generally Scottish clubs would never pay we agree a higher %age sell on instead.  

The "Nah what we do  is usually get next nothing up front if going to another Scottish club in exchange for higher %age sell on" line made it look like you were suggesting its how Celtic deal with selling players when instead Hickey was leaving regardless.

31 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Unsure if he’d want to move away from Glasgow, but McCall does have experience getting teams out of a mess. (albeit he hasn’t always managed to do so within the season he was appointed) 

Seems to have always had a good eye for a player and can create a pretty decent championship outfit, but just can’t go any further than that. 

His real talent is in recruiting players though. If Inverness were replacing Robertson in a director of football type role, he’d suit that but I’m not entirely sure he’s the main to get the best out of their existing squad, especially if he won’t be backed in January to do business.

That said, he’s a far superior option to Locke, Hughes, Davidson etc. 

35 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Would have to agree with this and can't believe McCall hasn't been linked to more jobs or has been out for as long as he has. He's a safe pair of hands at this level and has been for as way back as his Clydebank days (i'm showing my age now), and I can't think of any real disasters during his spells in management. 

5 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

whooo remebers the most dull unbeaten run ever when we just drew every game from August to December 2018.