France away tickets

Broon_100

6 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Hope they do that for Georgia as I'm going to that game

I‘m far enough up the points table that getting official away end tickets isn‘t an issue.

Also living overseas, always select the „Collect in Person“ option when booking. I‘m traveling to the game in any case so an hours detour to pick up a ticket is nothing. Don‘t think it‘ll be 100% pick-up in Tbilisi, bit will likely be higher than the usual. 

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It’s not the SFA’s fault, although there’s a glass ceiling developing for those trying to get on the ladder.

Those who go every time have earned their place but some form of recognition for those who miss out would be welcome, say a member travels and didn’t have enough points, they go to the ticket pickup point and give them their SSC number and in return they get a single point. Some club sides give out a point or whatever for applying (different system I know). Could maybe have a ballot of ~10% of the tickets going to the wider membership.

I’m on 11 points, having been to all of the last 20 odd homes games and missing out on tickets for two aways out of the last ten, with another away game I got points for just dropping off. I thought a friendly would be a good chance to get in the Scotland end for an away game but it’s looking unlikely now. 

I did suggest some sort of point just for travelling but folk said it was too easy to copy flight tickets/hotel rooms etc.

That's a good idea ticket pick up point gets a point as I've lost out loads in past too. It's so frustrating.  

I've even suggested the further you travel the more points you should get. 

It's easy getting to France,Germany Belgium etc but not so much Eastern European countries. 

For 7 of the last 11 away game sales, just going to home games was enough to get you a ticket. Throw in the potential for bonus points by renewing before Jan and being a member for 3 campaigns, and it's just nonsense to suggest it's a closed shop. 

It's a shame there will be so many TA out there having to buy home end tickets for France, but it's only becoming an issue for folk because we are doing so well and they want points to get tickets for the Euros group games. If it was a desire to build points in order to get to away games easier, that has been more than possible in the last couple of years.

13 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

For 7 of the last 11 away game sales, just going to home games was enough to get you a ticket. Throw in the potential for bonus points by renewing before Jan and being a member for 3 campaigns, and it's just nonsense to suggest it's a closed shop. 

It's a shame there will be so many TA out there having to buy home end tickets for France, but it's only becoming an issue for folk because we are doing so well and they want points to get tickets for the Euros group games. If it was a desire to build points in order to get to away games easier, that has been more than possible in the last couple of years.

That’s assuming everyone already had attended all of the last 10 home games before those 7 games went on sale, which is probably not the case for most people. The increase in SSC numbers since Clarke took over means a lot of people will probably be on 8-10 by now and won’t be able to get involved once they get to 11/12 themselves as the demand has hugely increased relative to the allocations.

The most accessible ones in terms of getting away end tickets going forward are likely to be the ones less people are able to go to due to travel and expense involved such as Kazakhstan/Georgia.

Edited by Jaggy McJagface
Typo

7 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

That’s assuming everyone already had attended all of the last 10 home games before those 7 games went on sale, which is probably not the case for most people. The increase in SSC numbers since Clarke took over means a lot of people will probably be on 8-10 by now and won’t be able to get involved once they get to 11/12 themselves as the demand has hugely increased relative to the allocations.

The most accessible ones in terms of getting away end tickets going forward are likely to be the ones less people are able to go to due to travel and expense involved such as Kazakhstan/Georgia.

I appreciate folk can't make every game, but you can't then moan about it being a "closed shop" if you're not attending every home game and getting the maximum points available there.

It goes back to the argument that the folk who find it easiest to get away tickets are the ones who go most, which seems right, and then it's a sliding scale down from there. If the argument is "I can't get on the away points ladder", I'd argue you very well could - if its "i cant get on the away points ladder ahead of someone whos made 2 or 3 more home games than me in the last 10", then doesnt that person deserve it more?

7 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

I appreciate folk can't make every game, but you can't then moan about it being a "closed shop" if you're not attending every home game and getting the maximum points available there.

It goes back to the argument that the folk who find it easiest to get away tickets are the ones who go most, which seems right, and then it's a sliding scale down from there. If the argument is "I can't get on the away points ladder", I'd argue you very well could - if its "i cant get on the away points ladder ahead of someone whos made 2 or 3 more home games than me in the last 10", then doesnt that person deserve it more?

I get that, I mean that it’s a bit misleading to say that everyone who’d been to every home game could have gone to 7/11 of the last away games when that would mean they’d have had to already be sitting on 12 points built up from home games since 2017/18 odd.

People joining since 2020/21 won’t have had those opportunities, will only just be approaching max home points now and it will get to a point with a bottleneck where the amount of games that drop below 11/12 will start to be few and far between due to the mass of people that will be on 12. It’ll be a lot harder getting the foot in the door now than it was at the start of Clarke’s reign.

15 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

It’s easy to say that in hindsight. If you are on a low points total, you would be booking up one of Russia, Cyprus x2, Armenia or Turkey with no guarantee of a ticket, bearing in mind that you need to book flights and accommodation several months before the ticket details are announced. Given the cost and time involved to travel to the other end of Europe, that’s a big gamble, particularly for a young fan starting to go to away games. It’s very difficult to predict whether it’ll drop to your points level with any accuracy. 

The other ones in this period were:

Austria - confirmed last minute because of the invasion of Ukraine and Austria losing to Wales days before.

Ireland - unless you bought a membership back in 2016 then you wouldn’t have got a ticket on home points alone. 

My particular frustration comes from the fact we have known about this game for months and yet we find out the allocation 3 weeks before the game. 

Surely to f**k for a friendly game like this they can negotiate the allocation at the time of agreeing the game and announce even a rough estimate then so that fans can make an educated guess on booking travel. They know fine well that there is going to be a lot of fans wanting to travel to this and have to book months on advance yet they on the face of it they don't appear to really give a flying f**k about that. 

At least with the 5% rule for qualifiers it's easier to make an educated guess on allocation and likely points required. 

Also £3 to pick up a ticket is a fucking laughable. 

I know this is a bit of a rant but just a bit scunnered after that announcement yesterday. 

I'm not saying the decision to play the game is wrong, but it's not some situation entirely outside of the SFA's control, the way it would be if it was a qualifier and there was some issue with the tickets (for example like what could have happened in Cyprus with the change of ground, had they not negotiated a bigger allocation).

I’m not buying the security reasons nonsense, especially in the middle of a rugby World Cup. The French authorities now have potential to have hundreds of fans not attending the match but still travelling, that’s surely more of a headache on game day. 

I have my doubts the French were lobbied hard for an increase given it’s a few days after our Spain game and logistically a headache for our staff to maintain a full pick up. 

To charge folk £3 to pick up is also completely taking the piss given there a high membership fee with nothing more than access to tickets and discount to overpriced JD gear to show. 

The idea of people who have travelled but don’t have enough points for the away end, going along to the pick up point to gain 1 point is an interesting idea and would certainly help with the closed shop shouts. Wondering what people think of it? To me it can only be a good thing, benefits those who have made the effort to travel, and can’t be abused by harvesters. 

33 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

The idea of people who have travelled but don’t have enough points for the away end, going along to the pick up point to gain 1 point is an interesting idea and would certainly help with the closed shop shouts. Wondering what people think of it? To me it can only be a good thing, benefits those who have made the effort to travel, and can’t be abused by harvesters. 

They wouldn't want to be seen as encouraging fans to travel without an away end ticket.

7 hours ago, lichtiemike said:

I’m not buying the security reasons nonsense, especially in the middle of a rugby World Cup. The French authorities now have potential to have hundreds of fans not attending the match but still travelling, that’s surely more of a headache on game day. 

I have my doubts the French were lobbied hard for an increase given it’s a few days after our Spain game and logistically a headache for our staff to maintain a full pick up. 

To charge folk £3 to pick up is also completely taking the piss given there a high membership fee with nothing more than access to tickets and discount to overpriced JD gear to show. 

It pretty much pays for itself with £5 off per game tbf. They used to have a gift with each membership but the feedback from the fans was that they didn’t want it.

5 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

That would be mental. Anyone who had ever travelled without an away ticket would be well within their rights to demand a point for it.