Halal restuarants

On 19/09/2023 at 22:25, jimbaxters said:

Said people need to give themselves a shake. If you eat meat, you don't give a crap how the animal died, how it was reared yes but that's purely for flavour and less intake of additives etc. To say one form of slaughter is worse than another is blatant hypocrisy. 

I know Sarge is the master of deadpan humour but he is spot on here. You either eat meat or you don't. There's no halfway.

When your time is up would you rather die instantly or suffer for a few minutes?

1 hour ago, Jim Main said:

The Mera Lahore on Leith Walk - just down from that backpackers Hostel place at the corner of Annandale St - is top notch for Halal grub. Some of the best curries I've ever had. No alcohol so a wee mango lassi or two is just the job for washing it down.

Kebab Mahal in Nicholson Sq is a close second still for me. Basic af but outstanding stuff there...and massive portions...I actually think they used to provide food for the original Mosque Kitchen before it got its swanky new premises...

@thistledo !!

Surely someone that was so against Halal meat would check whether a restaurant was using Halal products before actually eating in it. That story is so far fetched it's laughable.

What does this mythical person do when a menu makes no mention of how the animals they use were slaughtered, presumably eats it with zero regard for their alleged aversion given the scenario depicted above ???

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is that who it is? :lol:

fs, I've let myself down. 

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

f**k sake, I’d forgotten about that c**t.

The MO of saying racist stuff and then complaining about being called names is bang on though. 

Tbf the introduction of a pal/wife Walter Mitty type story has me doubting myself.

I'd like to split my stakes between Durie and Dawson now.

1 hour ago, Jim Main said:

The Mera Lahore on Leith Walk - just down from that backpackers Hostel place at the corner of Annandale St - is top notch for Halal grub. Some of the best curries I've ever had. No alcohol so a wee mango lassi or two is just the job for washing it down.

Kebab Mahal in Nicholson Sq is a close second still for me. Basic af but outstanding stuff there...and massive portions...I actually think they used to provide food for the original Mosque Kitchen before it got its swanky new premises...

I have been wanting to try this place for a while. Looks really nice from the outside. Decent portions? What is their bread like?

4 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Tbf the introduction of a pal/wife Walter Mitty type story has me doubting myself.

I'd like to split my stakes between Durie and Dawson now.

I’d throw in Perthshire Bell as an outsider solely because of the crushing fucking tedium of it. 

Just now, carpetmonster said:

I’d throw in Perthshire Bell as an outsider solely because of the crushing fucking tedium of it. 

Nah, it's got Durie all over it, not PB's style at all. I've never got why folk get so annoyed by him.

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I see our racist friend has also now opened a dotting account. 

What a sad off-line existence he must lead. 

Probably best he gets binned again. 

Go on then, show me what I have said that is racist. 

To call someone that for no reason is pretty awful. 

Just now, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Will keep an eye out for mentions of the Kia Ceed.

#perthshire

We had an XCeed as a rental car a couple of months back and I have to say it was pretty decent. Not quite as good as a Focus but better than most of the stuff you’d get palmed off with in the ‘Focus’ category.