Halal restuarants

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I think I have pretty clearly

No-one is lumping them all into the same group, though.

Most ≠ all

@Bigmouth Strikes Again is an example of someone who does not fall into that category. But they will absolutely be in the minority.

You cannot say they will absolutely be in the minority. You can have your opinion like the rest of us.

Are the majority of Muslims racist because they will not eat non halal meat?

14 minutes ago, Squeaks Snowy Bicycle said:

You cannot say they will absolutely be in the minority. You can have your opinion like the rest of us.

Are the majority of Muslims racist because they will not eat non halal meat?

Ask your Muslim friends, see what they think.

It always makes me laugh that these dorks seem to think we've not seen all this shit on here 100 times before and see right through it. "Oh, I just randomly signed up to a Scottish football forum in passing and decided, instead of giving my thoughts on the recent East Fife v Montrose game, what was really needed was a debate on the hot topic of halal meat. I'm not a weird racist or anything doing the same old dog whistling, honest".

16 hours ago, jagfox said:

Is Kosher and Halal not a similar process? I'm sure when folk from South Asia and of South Asian descent moved to the UK they used Jewish butchers? 

This question has exercised some of the most learned theologians of our age, and these dippit c***s

43 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I think I have pretty clearly

No-one is lumping them all into the same group, though.

Most ≠ all

@Bigmouth Strikes Again is an example of someone who does not fall into that category. But they will absolutely be in the minority.

Presumably BSA is vegetarian/vegan though so their opinion doesn't matter their opinion is on general animal slaughter. There will be VERY few, if any people who object to halal meat due to the way the animal is killed. Similarly there will be VERY few meat eaters who object to halal meat for non-racist reasons.

20 minutes ago, GAD said:

It always makes me laugh that these dorks seem to think we've not seen all this shit on here 100 times before and see right through it. "Oh, I just randomly signed up to a Scottish football forum in passing and decided, instead of giving my thoughts on the recent East Fife v Montrose game, what was really needed was a debate on the hot topic of halal meat. I'm not a weird racist or anything doing the same old dog whistling, honest".

I am not a dork mate but cheers for the abuse and Montrose and East Fife are not in the same league. I thought you would know that as you are obviously a big fan of Scottish football. 🙂

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Ok.

With that being the case, what possible basis could someone have to object to specifically halal meat if they aren’t aware of the actual difference between that and non-halal meat?

There is no taste difference in my experience. I have been to a restuarant in London with friends and we did not know that it was halal until we went to book it again and read on the website it was halal so did not rebook as one of the party did not want to eat halal meat again if they could help it. 

Their objection is the way the animal is slaughtered. I know it is a bit silly as they had eaten there before and come to no harm.

People are entitled to their thoughts and opinions no matter how silly they can be. 

I personally think they are daft but what can you do.

And before anyone says anything that person is not anti Muslim or racist in the slightest.