Halal restuarants

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

This seems a strange topic to have. The meat tastes exactly the same so unless you have a religious prejudice then there should be no reason to avoid halal meat.

Not to all people. Some do not like to eat halal meat as they do not agree with how the animal is killed. These people can also have no prejudice against any religion.

Edited by Squeaks Snowy Bicycle

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Think I'd rather have my throat slit with a sharp blade and have the blood quickly drain from my head than having a couple of trainees messing about with a stun gun followed by some c**t coming at me with a chainsaw.

How do you feel about the places that just use sledgehammers?

On 18/09/2023 at 13:58, velo army said:

The mosque kitchen is class.

In Aberdeen we have Lahore Karahi which is also sublime.

Personally I prefer a non-halal restaurant as I like a pint with a curry, but how the animal is killed isn't something I'm overly exercised by unless it's overly tortuous.

3 hours ago, Squeaks Snowy Bicycle said:

Not to all people. Some do not like to eat halal meat as they do not agree with how the animal is killed. These people can also have no prejudice against any religion.

Said people need to give themselves a shake. If you eat meat, you don't give a crap how the animal died, how it was reared yes but that's purely for flavour and less intake of additives etc. To say one form of slaughter is worse than another is blatant hypocrisy. 

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

As long as they are dead and cooked, what happened before that is no concern of mine.

I know Sarge is the master of deadpan humour but he is spot on here. You either eat meat or you don't. There's no halfway.

4 hours ago, Squeaks Snowy Bicycle said:

Let's be honest here, i'd happily wager my mortgage that the majority of those who complain about halal meat couldn't give a rat's ass about how the animal is killed.

It's nothing more than an excuse for little Englander types to have a go at Muslims etc in a way that won't see them labelled a racist.

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Let's be honest here, i'd happily wager my mortgage that the majority of those who complain about halal meat couldn't give a rat's ass about how the animal is killed.

It's nothing more than an excuse for little Englander types to have a go at Muslims etc in a way that won't see them labelled a racist.

And they all get a kebab at the weekend after many pints 

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

This seems a strange topic to have. The meat tastes exactly the same so unless you have a religious prejudice then there should be no reason to avoid halal meat.

Almost as if the OP is the latest in a long line of oft-banned aliases who is fishing for, for some unknown reason, another.  

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Wondered when the racism card would be played, pathetic.

On 18/09/2023 at 13:04, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I can thoroughly recommend the Mosque Kitchen on Nicolson Street Edinburgh 

https://www.mosquekitchen.com

I used to live directly above this and never tried it due to the fear i’d never be out it. Smelt amazing in our stairwell though.