The Mo v The Binos

Looking forward to this match, impressed with the team Stirling have put together and this should be a really good game.

So far this season, returning ex-Mo players have enjoyed success at Links Park (apart from (c)Rusty the Clown last weekend) , hopefully Lewis Milne does not have a similar level of success.  Would still have liked to be seeing him in a Montrose kit this season, think he suffered with the 'Rory-ball' tactics a little last season

Aside from his attempt with jack leitch to form a defensive wall on Saturday, I've been impressed with Lewis Milne. He's been a greqt addition and has fitted in really quickly.

We will have to be better at both ends than on Saturday if we are going to take anything..

Hopefully we might have our first choice defence for the first time this season.

I'd be more than happy with a draw.

Segregation for this some seems a bit odd, are Stirling expected to take a large travelling support? Anyway, Saturday past was the first match I’d made since opening day. Given that I am quite obviously a lucky charm and attending again on Saturday, I’m backing us to win 6-3 with a consolation hat trick from Lewis Milne. 

Amazingly, we could be up to third in the league if we win tomorrow. After our first few games this season, I was convinced that we would be in a relegation battle. However, recent results and performances have me slightly more optimistic. 

I assume that SP will start with the same team that started last week and they can put in the same level of performance. Youth and speed up front with Gardyne pulling the strings.

I'll go for a nervy 2-1 home win and an unexpected third spot in the league.

14 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Amazingly, we could be up to third in the league if we win tomorrow. After our first few games this season, I was convinced that we would be in a relegation battle. However, recent results and performances have me slightly more optimistic. 

I assume that SP will start with the same team that started last week and they can put in the same level of performance. Youth and speed up front with Gardyne pulling the strings.

I'll go for a nervy 2-1 home win and an unexpected third spot in the league.

I thought Gardyne playing a bit deeper worked a treat because it’s clear his ability to spray the ball around the pitch is immense.

Today is exactly the type of game I didn’t think we would be winning this season, clearly I was wrong. Wasn’t a great performance at all but plenty of effort and we got the goal, could have had another couple too. Miller Thomson looks excellent and Kane put in a brilliant shift again. 

Really enjoyable game this afternoon. I thought the standard of football was good for both sides. Stirling Albion had a lot of possession early in the game but Montrose came into the game more as the match wore on. We looked dangerous on the break with Hestor and Lyons in particular causing problems with both their pace and skill. Midge also seemed to exert a decent amount of control in getting the ball to the front men. For our goal, I wondered at first if we were due a penalty from the stramash in the box but was even more delighted when Hestor buried it in the top right corner back of the net. From then on, I was pretty confident we would either increase our lead or hold onto the three points at the very least.

Great team performance throughout. Very pleasing to watch and moves us up to third, which following our pretty ropey start to the season, I am extremely happy about.

Edited by Brummo
spelling correction

Really enjoyed that game, not just because of the win, it was actually a really good game. Very close first half, but think Montrose were the better team second half and deserved the win.

Agree we are seeing a better Gardyne just now playing a more holding central role. Kane did a lot of good running and Murray Thomson was just superb. Hopefully the arm injury isn’t anything serious. 

Looking forward to Falkirk away next week 

Enjoyable, hard-fought victory. Thomson absolutley adds value to the front/middle of the park, another fearless passage of play for the goal. Not much between the sides otherwise, referee struggled to keep a handle on some of the clogging though IMO. Next weekend looks like a good indicator of where our hopes are this season - run Lolkirk close and we can definitely look upwards rather than nervously backwards. Think Stirling will be fine this season, robust enough to pick off plenty of teams and get past 40 points.

Back to back wins on the carpet, and it feels good.

Score line might not show it but it was a great game for the neutral! I think Steevesy might have a bit of trouble getting back in the team with Matheus playing the way he is currently, Matheus looks so composed and confident on the ball. Also nice to see Webby starting to get his form back.

Good 3 points but always could be better. Yes I know mustn't grumble but I was pleased to see Kerr Waddell back in action for the last 15 minutes. He and Aidan Quinn should make our defence stronger if we go to a back three with Dillon then play Williamson and Steeves as wing backs or maybe Machado but the little lad although a good player is simply not a full back, that's not his best position especially defending set pieces. Next week we need a strong defence to contain Falkirk and let the young legs run at the Falkirk back line and we have those players as well as experience in the middle. We won't outscore Falkirk in a free for all game but we can get the better of them in a controlled way by making the most of our own set pieces and with both big lads in Waddell and Quinn we should have one in the middle occupying the centre of defence and the other staying wide and coming on to the ball at full pelt and causing chaos provided we are capable of hitting long corners - which we don't often do. Onwards and upwards and we are showing that we are capable of taking something from every game - even bogey side Alloa in 2 weeks time!

Got to be happy with that after the start of the season we had,3rd top and 4 wins on the bounce!

Thought today was pretty even in large spells of the game but in the 2nd half a think we were the better team and it was good to see Kane getting on the score sheet again puts in some shift and never stops running well worth every penny we paid for him.

20 hours ago, Scorge said:

Enjoyable, hard-fought victory. Thomson absolutley adds value to the front/middle of the park, another fearless passage of play for the goal. Not much between the sides otherwise, referee struggled to keep a handle on some of the clogging though IMO. Next weekend looks like a good indicator of where our hopes are this season - run Lolkirk close and we can definitely look upwards rather than nervously backwards. Think Stirling will be fine this season, robust enough to pick off plenty of teams and get past 40 points.

Back to back wins on the carpet, and it feels good.

Last years patter.

58 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

The optimism evaporated quickly.  Shameful silence.

Classic track. Thought Binos played some good stuff early doors. We just had some flair up front which eventually got us our goal. The defence on both sides seemed well organised. I too am surprised by the "sound of silence" from Bino fans t.b.h.

Edited by Brummo
missing word

16 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Classic track. Thought Binos played some good stuff early doors. We just had some flair up front which eventually got us our goal. The defence on both sides seemed well organised. I too am surprised by the "sound of silence" from Bino fans t.b.h.

I wasn't at the game, or have seen the highlights yet, so haven't commented on it.  I have seen what the manager had to say about it and according to him the players were applauded off the pitch at the end.  That's good, but makes the silence even more baffling. It doesn't reflect well on us. We have a spirited side still on a league 2 budget. Despite the away defeats we have done well. Perhaps too high an expectation level?

I couldn't make it so haven't commented either.

The result is pretty much what I expected. My expectations for the season have pretty much been met so far.

We've been competitive in most games and have managed to pick up a few points at home.

Saturdays game is a big one. We've really got to keep picking up points at home and a win would see us with a comfortable gap over the bottom 2.

I think most away days are going to be tricky. If we hang in there and keep games tight like on Saturday then we can hopefuly take sometihng some weeks.

I still think the squad is too thin and am really hoping we get a couple of loans in.

I'm hoping to make it up for the next away game at Montrose.

Like most of the games I've seen so far we've competed well against fellow part timers.  McLean was back so the defence looked pretty solid and the game looked from the beginning like one mistake or a decent set piece would settle it. 

You always feel in these types of games that a bit of class can be the difference and that seemed to be the case as Montrose's number 20 loanee - who looks a real prospect - evaded about a hundred tackles driving into the box and Hester did the rest. A bad goal to lose or a piece of individual brilliance depending on who you support 

I thought we were denied a penalty when Hilson went down in the box but apparently the ref thought he went down a bit too easily despite the stud marks on his leg. But hey ho we've had a few breaks this season so not complaining too much. 

Overall a much better performance than last week and a point would have been a fairer outcome imo. But we showed up well and just need to find a goal scoring touch again.