Week 3

lichtie23

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

And the Cowgirls collapse…28-16 final. Down three starting Offensive Lineman was an excuse, but the reason was a defensive failure. Crads averaged 8 yards a play today. Cowgirls have up 13 penalties for 107 yards, and that’s just counting 10 yards on the called back punt return.

Amusingly, now the last 8 meetings of these two have been 1 Cowgirl win and 7 Crads wins.

Edited to add: 8 Cowgirls possessions and 5 of them got into the Red Zone…16 points.

49ers next 2 games are against the Cardinals and the Cowboys, the pundits were expecting it to be a simple 49ers win next week then a crunch MNF clash with both teams sitting 4-0. Not entirely sure what to expect next week, but the 49ers have some previous for shitting the bed against the Cardinals. 

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Offensive guru Josh McDaniels going for a FG when down 8 points with 2.22 left in the game.

McDaniels is the only active HC I trust less than Staley.

This is a completely nonsensical decision, and his explanation for it just makes him look even more ridiculous. Probably the worst 'I don't want to win' situational decision I've seen since Mike McCoy Punted from the Pats 42 on 4th & 6 while trailing by 8 with 6 mins on the clock.

Staley's clunker yesterday at least had some sound logic behind it, in that the Chargers O should be more than capable of getting 1 yard 100% of the time, and assuming they did get the 1st the game is over and won. There is no outcome yesterday that makes McDaniels choice to kick the FG the correct decision.

14 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Titans humbled.

Really poor O line today.

Browns did really well stopping the run.

Sometimes you just have to say 'fair fucks'.

That Browns D is legitimately good. The fact Tannehill had his best game in 10 years sandwiched by two absolute shitshows and the Titans scored 27 tells you all you need to know about just how hopeless the Chargers D is.

They squeaked a win this week, but still managed to give up 475 yards, including 130 on the ground to a team that before yesterday couldn't run the ball to save their own lives.

Long season ahead, and I think they may well lose to the Raiders next week, go into the Bye at 1-3, then Dallas and KC afterwards. 1-5 should unquestionably see Staley fired.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Steady on. If you double Adams and Crosby we have nothing else.

This is a get right game for the Chargers, and I’d expect you smoke us.

Staley saw Adams twice last season, did nothing special to try and slow him down, and over the two games he posted 18-317. Staley's ego is far too huge for him to adapt his vanilla D in any way to try and counter opposition star players. Our OG's are also useless in interior pass pro. I expect the Raiders to stunt Crosby a lot, because Pipkins is nothing better than serviceable at RT, but Salyer and Johnson both get confused by any assignment that isn't just straight up hit the guy in front of you, and Moore's scheme appears to have totally abandoned any idea of rolling Herbert out of the pocket, which before now has always been an enormous strength of his and helps him avoid pressure.

We've already seen with the Dolphins and Titans shitfests that the 2023 Chargers are no different to any other iteration of the past 10 years, in that they will play to just short of the level of absolutely any opponent you put in front of them, whether that's the '85 Bears or the 0-16 Lions. Despite this being the battle of possibly the two worst, most clueless HC's in the league, I expect it to be a one score game, and if LV has the lead going into the last 2 or 3 minutes, I think they'll hang on to win.

Don't let the Vikings result fool you, that was a case of two of the biggest choking teams in the NFL desperately trying to out-choke each other. The Chargers, for all their supposed talent and money they have spent, are simply not a good team thanks to abysmal coaching and seemingly no joined-up thinking when it comes to assessing the failings on offense, or how to use the talent they drafted to try and address that. The running game, having completely obliterated the Dolphins front seven in week one, has totally vanished into thin air the past two weeks, and although it's a theme with Fangio defences that they don't really bother about stuffing the running game at the L.O.S, what I can't really understand is that the exact same healthy OL that was shifting the L.O.S two to three yards backwards on every running snap in week one, has looked completely inept at opening holes the past two weeks, and that's even with Herbert and the receivers putting up decent numbers in the air. It isn't all down to Austin Ekeler being out, and on that note I don't expect him to suit up on Sunday either. What was supposedly a 'day to day/might make it for the Titans game' between week one and two has now morphed into a high ankle sprain, and given that this weeks game is followed by the Chargers Bye, it begs the question why Ekeler wasn't just put on IR because he's going to miss 4 weeks in any case. Like I said, no apparent coherent thinking in this organisation.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Thought that as well, but I suppose there aren’t many combinations that can get you to 11 points.

TD + 2PC + FG
or
FG x3 + Safety

Are the only possible scoring combos (unless you start talking about multiple safeties which improbable).

Went back and looked at the table and 11 points is one of the lines with most gaps. 1, 2, 4 and 5 look like the only ones less likely.

It was only when I read the Scorigami site that I learned that there is a play that can score you 1 point, and that would be the almost impossible feat of scoring a safety on a PAT attempt.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Thought that as well, but I suppose there aren’t many combinations that can get you to 11 points.

TD + 2PC + FG
or
FG x3 + Safety

Are the only possible scoring combos (unless you start talking about multiple safeties which improbable).

Or TD (missed PAT) + safety + FG