Hibernian vs St Johnstone - 23 September 2023

15 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Fair point - I never had any issues, but think I was in the minority.

I cant be there early, so will be keeping a beady eye on this thread for the unfolding shambles.........

Ive probably had issues with entry at Easter Road more times than not. It did mean I missed that weird opera singer (or something along those lines), so not all bad. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Ive probably had issues with entry at Easter Road more times than not. It did mean I missed that weird opera singer (or something along those lines), so not all bad. 

The problem I always had was that the gap you had to fit your phone into to scan the QR code was the wrong size, or had the scanner in the wrong place, or maybe the scanner was just rubbish. What they seem to have done is move the scanner to the front of the unit so that should in theory sort that out. I'm hopeful.

Then again I'm thinking 3-1 Saints so clealry optimistic to the point of fooliishess and we'll still be in the queue at half time. And 2 down.

11 hours ago, Muirton Saint said:

Message the Saints SLO on twitter, might be able to get a ticket

This sentence sums up so much that is wrong in Scotland. Ease of ticketing is one of the few things saints get right in terms of fan engagement.

Assume Wright and Sprangler come straight in for this. I'd have Max as the other winger or even Costelloe for the pace but imagine it will be Carey. Not sure what the balance will be with midfield three. Smith seems to have been sold as a creator but looks comfortable deeper so far. Maybe Sprangler deep with Phillips and Smith further forward? It is the one area I think we've definitely strengthened in this summer having spent two years conceding that part of the pitch to other sides.

Centre halves a worry today and similar to Beales comments last week, you'd imagine Hibs will be trying to get Youen and Boyle against them as often as possible. Maybe a case for a back three to counter it, and with Wright back that's more of an option, but still getting over the PTSD of the last couple of seasons to want to see that.

I'd imagine something like

Mitov

Olufunwa Gordon Considine Robinson 

Sprangler 

Phillips       Smith 

Wright         Carey 

Kane 

I'm in the same boat as @The Real Saints in not panicking yet even if we lose today. That might change quickly in the next few weeks though.

19 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Thoughts and prayers to all attending tomorrow.................

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/new-entry-system-at-easter-road

Hibs - "we're making it easier and simpler for fans to attend our games!"

Also Hibs - "away fans need to have bought a physical ticket, from the away teams stadium, or youre not getting in"

1 hour ago, nelsjfc said:

This sentence sums up so much that is wrong in Scotland. Ease of ticketing is one of the few things saints get right in terms of fan engagement.

Assume Wright and Sprangler come straight in for this. I'd have Max as the other winger or even Costelloe for the pace but imagine it will be Carey. Not sure what the balance will be with midfield three. Smith seems to have been sold as a creator but looks comfortable deeper so far. Maybe Sprangler deep with Phillips and Smith further forward? It is the one area I think we've definitely strengthened in this summer having spent two years conceding that part of the pitch to other sides.

Centre halves a worry today and similar to Beales comments last week, you'd imagine Hibs will be trying to get Youen and Boyle against them as often as possible. Maybe a case for a back three to counter it, and with Wright back that's more of an option, but still getting over the PTSD of the last couple of seasons to want to see that.

I'd imagine something like

Mitov

Olufunwa Gordon Considine Robinson 

Sprangler 

Phillips       Smith 

Wright         Carey 

Kane 

I'm in the same boat as @The Real Saints in not panicking yet even if we lose today. That might change quickly in the next few weeks though.

Pretty much what I'd have except Max in for Carey. He needs dropped, badly.

Unsure he'll just shove Sprangler straight in, but dunno where he is fitness wise.

Kane potentially being unable to start is a blow so ill just ignore that and pretend hes fine.

No idea what we do out wide. Wright starts when fit but hes best on the right, so who goes left? Careys a liability just now but does something every so often, Max probably best as a Sheerin-esque left winger but needs Robinson bombing on, and Costelloe looks miles off it but is the only one with pace. 

Id be going...

Mitov

Brown - Gordon - Considine - Robinson

Wright - Phillips - Smith - Max

Kane - May

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hibs - "we're making it easier and simpler for fans to attend our games!"

Also Hibs - "away fans need to have bought a physical ticket, from the away teams stadium, or youre not getting in"

I assume they think you guys would struggle with newfangled technology.

15 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I assume they think you guys would struggle with newfangled technology.

We've had e-tickets at McDiarmid for about 5 years.

Seems like yet another way clubs can dissuade away fans from going to games. A certain group seem determined to have as few away fans as possible at games.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've had e-tickets at McDiarmid for about 5 years.

Seems like yet another way clubs can dissuade away fans from going to games. A certain group seem determined to have as few away fans as possible at games.

I'm only joking.

It happens all over the league and it's ridiculous tbh.

E ticketing for away fans is, of course, the right way to go.

No sure why it doesn't happen.