Hibernian v St.Mirren - League Cup QF

Lyle Lanley

27 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 4-2
We done a job on them first half, they did a job on us second half. 
What a terrible half of football from us, from such a great position. Just didn't manage the game at all, gutting. What a chance for a semi final missed, again. We defended terribly for the whole half.
The second goal in particular is a sickener. Taylor had his weekly rush of blood to the head, charged out of position, gave the ball away, and left a big hole behind him. Sometimes he gets away with it, he didn't tonight. 
Thought the subs were wrong too, no idea how Olusyana survived the first cull, he was shocking. Taking Kiltie off instead of him?
Another failure of a cup campaign and still no Hampden trip for the fans since 2013 - can't count those two COVID semi finals.

At the first goal O'Hara should have headed it clear from the corner he hardly made a effort at it

Fair enjoyed that.

I don’t think Vente has missed a shot at goal yet since he signed, don’t know if anyone that has Wyscout/Opta access can tell me differently but I don’t remember a single shot he’s taken that hasn’t gone in.

Newell and Miller the stand outs, Joe Newell has totally proved me wrong and won me round, what a player he’s turned into, Miller clearly been lifted with the new manager, great performance tonight.

Last minute goals when you’re 1 goal ahead and defending deep and score on the break just hit different, that’s our second like that in the last couple of months, if you could bottle up the feeling and drink it, it would be illegal.

Fair play for St Mirrens first goal btw, what a move followed by an absolute beauty of a hit, nearly stood back and clapped it, but I’m not one of the wanks that do that.

Edited by Les Cabbage

3 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Fair enjoyed that.

I don’t think Vente has missed a shot at goal yet since he signed, don’t know if anyone that has Wyscout/Opta access can tell me differently but I don’t remember a single shot he’s taken that hasn’t gone in.

Screenshot2023-09-27222007.png.e3f80972bb5e1c058dfab363d2dc7c98.png

Excellent away crowd, Robinson has got you lads playing some very good stuff. You will have a great season, imo.

On Hibs - 

The difference between Lee <spits> Johnsons Hibs and this one is night and day.

While there are still questions about the defence, some of the wee triangles we are playing are really good to watch, he clearly wants us to make chances - also, Jeggo was fucking immense again tonight - dropping into defence when Miller and Obita pushed up.

I really like Levitt, but I actually cant see him playing any time soon.

I mean, Monty isnt Pep Guardiola, but the difference in organisation and the game plan is incredible. He actually played to win the cup tie, unlike last year when we were pumped out by Morton...............

29 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Excellent away crowd, Robinson has got you lads playing some very good stuff. You will have a great season, imo.

On Hibs - 

The difference between Lee <spits> Johnsons Hibs and this one is night and day.

While there are still questions about the defence, some of the wee triangles we are playing are really good to watch, he clearly wants us to make chances - also, Jeggo was fucking immense again tonight - dropping into defence when Miller and Obita pushed up.

I really like Levitt, but I actually cant see him playing any time soon.

I mean, Monty isnt Pep Guardiola, but the difference in organisation and the game plan is incredible. He actually played to win the cup tie, unlike last year when we were pumped out by Morton...............

Think we’re gonna do something special with Monty.