Arbroath Vs Caley Thistle

11 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

I agree with this 100%.

Absolutely no need for this and it would be even worse if the weather had been bad.

We probably have the worst viewing sight of any ground now for away fans who are light in numbers, (although probably 150 plus ICT fans) could easily give them behind the goals and give the rest of the ground to us, i doubt it would affect the team. No seggie would be ideal but that not happening in this league. 

Apparently there were around 250 ICT fans at the game.
I was in the bit you mention but there were some in the stand next to us.  I have no idea how much of that stand our fans had so I've no idea how many fans we had in there, not many I'm guessing.

It is a really bad view as has been mentioned, probably the worst I've experienced at an away ground.  Last time I was there we were behind the goal and then swapped ends at HT.  Although we lost 3-0 that day so I much preferred last Saturday's game!

14 hours ago, keptie said:

We probably have the worst viewing sight of any ground now for away fans who are light in numbers, (although probably 150 plus ICT fans) could easily give them behind the goals and give the rest of the ground to us, i doubt it would affect the team. No seggie would be ideal but that not happening in this league. 

I’ve always enjoyed a trip to Arbroath, like many on here but seriously reconsidering any future trips if that’s where we get punted. 

I remember there was no segregation at the start of the 21/22 season, has there been trouble between fans that the Polis/Club put a stop to it? 

40 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’ve always enjoyed a trip to Arbroath, like many on here but seriously reconsidering any future trips if that’s where we get punted. 

I remember there was no segregation at the start of the 21/22 season, has there been trouble between fans that the Polis/Club put a stop to it? 

21/22 was the season Arbroath improved greatly so were getting far bigger crowds, hence the segregation.

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’ve always enjoyed my away days at Arbroath too, but I can’t imagine trouble with their fans. 
I’ve been up there many times and never once seen or even heard of trouble with the fans. I’m not saying it’s never happened though. 
I’ve never felt threatened or seen any trouble with fans in Arbroath, even while wearing my Pars hat and scarf. I’d be very surprised if it had anything to do with fan trouble 

5 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Don't blame you for thinking twice about going back to Gayfield if your punted into that corner again tbh.

There was a game when the stewards got involved with the fans although nothing was happening but a bit of banter, and i think since then it's been segregation. Can't remember who we were playing but think it might have been ICT but not entirely sure. 

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Inverness Caley on the opening day of the 2021/22 season wasnt it? Drew 0-0 and there was about 4 Caley fans in the home end. Stewards fired in 

3 hours ago, keptie said:

Assume you mean the 3-3 game? Segregation was already in force that game. Some Raith fans were acting like madmen that day. 

Aye, you're both right.  For some reason, I thought both games were Raith.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Inverness Caley on the opening day of the 2021/22 season wasnt it? Drew 0-0 and there was about 4 Caley fans in the home end. Stewards fired in 

The Caley won 1-0.