Arbroath Vs Caley Thistle

On 25/09/2023 at 17:11, RiG said:

Arbroath 0 - 2 Caley Thistle. Scott Brown hattrick. 

Aye? A hat-trick is usually 3 goals. Unless Caley have downgraded it to claim more players hitting hat-tricks ??

Hope Mr. F hits the spot for yous. But even if he gets off to a slow start - Gayfield IMO is still the best away-day out there, so at least you'll have fun after the long trip down. I personally think you'll struggle against Lichties, who are currently on fire and are playing very, very well..

Best wishes from Greenock.

Edited by Chippyminton

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think all the extra attention this fixture will now get will give Arbroath a sneaky wee boost to be honest and if we were to get an early goal and put some pressure on Caley it could be a good day. Fingers crossed

You had your time in the Sun a couple of seasons ago.

I'm swithering on this.  On one hand, new manager bounce is a worry, and giving a decent squad a fresh perspective could awaken them, which is bad news for us.

On the other hand though, Billy Dodds had us figured out.  The way he played against Arbroath was not the way he played against other teams.  He adjusted his tactics against us, and they without a doubt worked.  So him being punted is excellent news for us in that regard.  Plus we're underdogs, which seems to suit us better.

Earlier in the week, I was suggesting we give Bird a start, but actually, I think Turan might be the safer option.  Bigger, an out ball, plays more with his back to goal, and that might suit us better against a Caley Thistle side who will be expected to pressure us.  

13 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'm swithering on this.  On one hand, new manager bounce is a worry, and giving a decent squad a fresh perspective could awaken them, which is bad news for us.

On the other hand though, Billy Dodds had us figured out.  The way he played against Arbroath was not the way he played against other teams.  He adjusted his tactics against us, and they without a doubt worked.  So him being punted is excellent news for us in that regard.  Plus we're underdogs, which seems to suit us better.

Earlier in the week, I was suggesting we give Bird a start, but actually, I think Turan might be the safer option.  Bigger, an out ball, plays more with his back to goal, and that might suit us better against a Caley Thistle side who will be expected to pressure us.  

No way are you underdogs for this. You’ve won 4 or 5 in a row? Against the team bottom of the league who have won 1 game all season.

13 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

No way are you underdogs for this. You’ve won 4 or 5 in a row? Against the team bottom of the league who have won 1 game all season.

We're a part time team who scraped survival on the last day last season, of course we are the underdogs.  Fan predictions pre-season had ys overwhelmingly likely to finish last. With the arrival of Ferguson, showing just how much money Caley are prepared to throw around, we are even more the underdogs!

38 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Regardless off the status of the clubs we should be favourites going by results. I think Arbroath will also be right up for this game with all the hullabaloo surrounding it.

9 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

We're a part time team who scraped survival on the last day last season, of course we are the underdogs.  Fan predictions pre-season had ys overwhelmingly likely to finish last. With the arrival of Ferguson, showing just how much money Caley are prepared to throw around, we are even more the underdogs!

You are using last season and fan opinions based over actually results from this season to determine you are underdogs? What nonsense.

Arbroath are quite rightly favourites for this and should be looking to “pile on the misery” on Saturday.

How do you know how much Ferguson is getting paid?