Arbroath Vs Caley Thistle

Feel like a draw would have been a fairer result on the balance of play but when we’re losing goals like the first and third really can’t complain about getting beat. Feel far more confident we can get goals to win these types of games this season though. Back at it again next week.

Not like us to lose sloppy goals but it cost us today, we still created chances and really needed to get get it back to 2-1 which we should have when we missed a sitter header. ICT were certainly hanging on for dear life at the end but too much to do at 3 down. Not the best time to get ICT probably but first lose in a while can't win them all hope to bounce back next week.

Didn't play badly, 1000% deserves something from thr game, was it wrong to change a winning team, who knows but though Little had a poor game,

Also think the subs didn't help greatly, Wouldn't of took Hylton on Bird off, there are the 2 that look like they can make something happen, 

Got in so many good crossing positions and they were completely wasted, Balde most at fault for some wild crosses, 

Disappointed to get beat at home again but I'd be more annoyed if we had played badly

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

f**k me. Taking a striker and a winger off for 2 defenders is literally inviting pressure. We won but I'm pretty annoyed. 

If you're 3-0 up you keep fucking going, not sit back with half an hour to go. 

I agree the subs were really weird but for the 5 mins or so after taking Mckay off for Delaney we still looked solid.

Their first goal was totally bizarre and I’m not sure if that had more to do with the way we played over the subs. They seemed to lose all confidence after that went in.

Edited by PB1994

Good win, felt we looked very good going forward. First time I’ve seen a lot of the new guys and Longstaff and Anderson both looked good. Ujdur and Boyes looked good, if a bit shaky at times. Rest of the team were solid and hopefully we can build on this. 

The Arbroath first goal looked like a freak goal with Ridgers caught unaware. Samuels should not be used as a focal point again, he was hopeless trying to take the ball in against Little and O’Brien. Partially why we were under so much pressure towards the end. 
Don Robertson was very poor I felt, seemed to be just guessing at points.

Finally, Arbroath have a fucking cheek charging £21 and papping us in that wee corner where you can barely see the left wing of the opposite end. 

3 points and up the road though 

Thought we deserved it based on the first half. We were in cruise control until two poor subs and a freak goal turned the tide. We looked excellent going forward at times, lovely one touch counter attacking - Arbroath couldn’t get near us. About time we got the rub of the green.

Thought Longstaff and Doran in particular were excellent, hopefully this is the beginning of Longstaff’s Nathan Shaw-esque redemption arc.

Absolutely love Ferguson coming over to us to celebrate at the end too, little things like that really strengthen the bond between fans and the team - onwards and upwards 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

f**k me. Taking a striker and a winger off for 2 defenders is literally inviting pressure. We won but I'm pretty annoyed. 

You're right, our defending has been atrocious recently.

1 hour ago, scottbamby said:

Thought we deserved it based on the first half. We were in cruise control until two poor subs and a freak goal turned the tide. We looked excellent going forward at times, lovely one touch counter attacking - Arbroath couldn’t get near us. About time we got the rub of the green.

Thought Longstaff and Doran in particular were excellent, hopefully this is the beginning of Longstaff’s Nathan Shaw-esque redemption arc.

Absolutely love Ferguson coming over to us to celebrate at the end too, little things like that really strengthen the bond between fans and the team - onwards and upwards 

That's what we need after so much non comms from the club management, it was one of the main complaints from fans on the ICT Trust Survey.

A good start and a wee return from Ladbrokes for me.

Edited by SandyCromarty

4 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Why anyone thought we were the favourites going into this one hasn't watched a lot of Arbroath vs Inverness games.  

That third goal sums up the day.  We worked down the pitch, McKenna put in a good cross with Hylton looming, the keeper gets to it, and then out of nowhere, they score an excellent goal.  That third goal will be doing the rounds on social media!

Not going to read too much into this result, we haven't played badly imo.  Just one of those days.

As I posted earlier the bookies odds were very close on the game and the bookies as you know don't get it wrong.

Fantastic character shown by us today which I feel will stand us in great stead for the rest of the season. We have been magnificent of late so despite gifting them a 3-0 head start with the exciting quality we have I felt it was never over and we fully deserved at least a point in the end. Night and day from last season where we would have simply lost 3-0 and went out on a whimper.

This team for me is on par with the team of 2 years ago and today it reminded me of that 3-3 comeback against Raith from that same Season. Today though despite playing really well we just gave ourselves too much to do in the end after 3 uncharacteristic defensive errors. Onwards & upwards as they say it’s going to be another rollercoaster of a season 🇱🇻⚽💪❤️🔥

Great win today against the in form team of the league. We were actually ruthless for a change and took the chances given to us can't help but feel a few weeks ago we would've lost or drawn that. Actually playing from the back and we looked threatening again going forward. Seems Ferguson has made an impact already. I'm praying that it continues. 

Only issue i have which has been our main issue this season we still can't hold onto a lead..... lucky that we scored 3 or that would've been likely more points dropped. Big Duncs park the bus tactics let us down a bit in the 2nd half along with our subs. 

Nevermind we got our first league win of the season! And we should savour it next few weeks is massive for us. Partick Thistle at home then Morton away if we get at least 3 points I'll be happy 4-6 points would be just the ticket 🎟 

Edited by Supercaleyman94

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Aye Ferguson definitely made a mistake there... you could tell that even 3 goals ahead we still looked a bit nervous at the back and those changes did not help things. Our weakest link is our defence especially with the likes of Davidson and Delenay on. Inviting too much pressure on our defence isn't a wise idea right now...

Disappointed to end our good run of results but no complaints. We defended poorly and ICT took their chances for their goals. First half we has some chances to score but didn't manage to take them.

When we went 3 down at the start of the second half I thought it might become an embarrassing score against but after the ICT subs we started to get a grip on the game. Reminded me of many games as we made our way up the leagues when we didn't really make any impact until the last half hour or so.

So a good comeback from 3 down but just couldn't get an equaliser. Agree with other comments that our subs were not the best options at the time. Hopefully get back on track next week.

On 30/09/2023 at 18:41, Central Belt Caley said:

Finally, Arbroath have a fucking cheek charging £21 and papping us in that wee corner where you can barely see the left wing of the opposite end. 

3 points and up the road though

I agree with this 100%.

Absolutely no need for this and it would be even worse if the weather had been bad.