Arbroath Vs Caley Thistle

Its really hard to see how it might go.  On one hand, with new management, ICT might be planning to go a bit more gung ho, with 2 strikers in a 4-4-2 to try and inject some positivity and lift the team a bit.  That would play into our counterattacking team nicely.  On the other hand, Ferguson might be prioritising stopping the rot, playing a tight away game, and making sure they don't lose a goal.  That would not suit us at all I think.  Its a tough call for our management.  Do we play our usual team?  Do we play Bird/McIntosh instead to counterattack at pace?  Do we play Stowe, assuming that ICT will sit deep?  A lot of pressure on us, whereas Inverness have the free hit of a new manager!

27 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Its really hard to see how it might go.  On one hand, with new management, ICT might be planning to go a bit more gung ho, with 2 strikers in a 4-4-2 to try and inject some positivity and lift the team a bit.  That would play into our counterattacking team nicely.  On the other hand, Ferguson might be prioritising stopping the rot, playing a tight away game, and making sure they don't lose a goal.  That would not suit us at all I think.  Its a tough call for our management.  Do we play our usual team?  Do we play Bird/McIntosh instead to counterattack at pace?  Do we play Stowe, assuming that ICT will sit deep?  A lot of pressure on us, whereas Inverness have the free hit of a new manager!

Inverness have 1 point - they can’t be treating any game as a free hit especially not away at Arbroath. Right now I’d say only Dundee United are a free hit because their budget vastly outweighs everyone else and nobody has beat them. Pressure well and truly on for Caley players too. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Inverness have 1 point - they can’t be treating any game as a free hit especially not away at Arbroath. Right now I’d say only Dundee United are a free hit because their budget vastly outweighs everyone else and nobody has beat them. Pressure well and truly on for Caley players too. 

You're right, free hit is the wrong word.  I was thinking more that if they don't win, they have the ready made excuse of "new manager, will take time to implement his changes, recovering from the damage of the previous manager" etc etc.  

7 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Two changes. Bird and Little back in

Sensible changes.  I like Turan as a player, but Bird looks like a much more dangerous goalscorer.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Think 2-0 flatters us slightly but we look comfortable for the most part. Clear game plan to hit on the break which has worked a treat. Luis Longstaff and Aaron Doran the two standouts in the first half, we look like scoring every time we go forward - chalk and cheese from the last time I was here

I don't think we've done an awful lot wrong.  Our defence hasn't actually conceded many chances, its a balanced midfield battle, and going forward, we have created chances.  McKenna has been especially lively.   Inverness have a plan to hit us on the break as the poster above says, but haven't actually gone forward very often.

And yet, we find ourselves 2 goals down, and Inverness have had the better chances

I hate playing Inverness!

Why anyone thought we were the favourites going into this one hasn't watched a lot of Arbroath vs Inverness games.  

That third goal sums up the day.  We worked down the pitch, McKenna put in a good cross with Hylton looming, the keeper gets to it, and then out of nowhere, they score an excellent goal.  That third goal will be doing the rounds on social media!

Not going to read too much into this result, we haven't played badly imo.  Just one of those days.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Fuck me. Taking a striker and a winger off for 2 defenders is literally inviting pressure. We won but I'm pretty annoyed. 

If you're 3-0 up you keep fucking going, not sit back with half an hour to go. 

Edited by TheScarf

Not too disappointed overall, these things happen.  Even when were 3 down, I didn't think we'd played badly.  Once Inverness removed their striker, we were all over them.

Ridgers did what he always does against us, the ball seeming to stick to him like a magnet towards the end, and Balde looked to be trying too hard to be the hero when he came in, playing a lot of wild shots and optimistic passes.

But aye, Im not going to read too much into that game.  Just a bad day at the office.  

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

f**k me. Taking a striker and a winger off for 2 defenders is literally inviting pressure. We won but I'm pretty annoyed. 

If you're 3-0 up you keep fucking going, not sit back with half an hour to go. 

Couldn’t agree more. Almost cost us.