Kelty v Queens

4 minutes ago, bod said:

Take a point right now.

That team looks weak.

Our best midfielder out injuried. What goes on in training? Maybe Bartley should spend more times planning training sessions and less doing media work!

Midfield aye, defence is instantly stronger with Brydon back in. And arguably Church. 

44 minutes ago, bod said:

It was midfield I was referring to but Ambrose missing again. 😕

I'd prefer Brydon alongside Efe certainly but between Brydon and Efe I'd have Brydon every day of the week. Let's not forget Ambrose was a complete bombscare last week as well. 

Both teams look like the absolute definition of bottom half of the table League One dross. I know we have a few injuries, but this Queens team is poor in defence, lightweight in midfield and powderpuff in attack. They look like a callow bunch of youngsters playing against men. A lot of nice touches and absolutely no presence, experience or edge. At least Brydon is back in defence, though I’d probably rather see him partner Ambrose than McClelland. If it takes Harvey Walker 73 minutes to make an appearance from the bench for a team this bad, then frankly he’s wasting his time at Palmerston. He was on the park for about 3 minutes before we saw the first decent cross into the Kelty box all game. Tbh, this team looks like it’s sleepwalking towards missing out on the playoffs again, and becoming firmly established as a League One nothing club, with little assurance that we’ll even retain that lowly status in the future. 

Edited by Frankie S

9 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Making sure we retain our title of worst full time team in Scotland!

Yes I don’t think there any other genuine contenders.

Manager had half a season to assess the squad and plenty of time to build a competitive squad for this season. If this is the best he has to offer then a major re-think required. It’s blatantly obvious that this squad are not capable of even attaining a play off berth which should be an absolute minimum pre-requisite. We are now waiting for the Winter Transfer window to save our season and it’s sadly three months away. Bartley’s recruitment record is dreadful but no guarantee that he will still be there by then.

What a mess!

1 minute ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Yes I don’t think there any other genuine contenders.

Manager had half a season to assess the squad and plenty of time to build a competitive squad for this season. If this is the best he has to offer then a major re-think required. It’s blatantly obvious that this squad are not capable of even attaining a play off berth which should be an absolute minimum pre-requisite. We are now waiting for the Winter Transfer window to save our season and it’s sadly three months away. Bartley’s recruitment record is dreadful but no guarantee that he will still be there by then.

What a mess!

He'll absolutely still be here unless we're in danger of going down. We had AJ stinking out the place far longer he should have and WG only got the bullet because of his off field antics. We're a very lenient club if nothing else.