Kelty v Queens

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He'll absolutely still be here unless we're in danger of going down. We had AJ stinking out the place far longer he should have and WG only got the bullet because of his off field antics. We're a very lenient club if nothing else. 

I think many supporters have been guilty of listening to MB’s rhetoric rather than judging him on what we actually witness on the pitch - which let’s face it has been grossly under-whelming. If we were losing games but dominating and playing positive attacking football then there would be reasonable grounds for the tide turning but there is literally nothing that I can see that makes me expect anything but more disappointment.

10 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

We played ok today but expected more from Queens. Good to bounce back from last week's thumping though nonetheless.

Thought O'Donnell played well and Lyon , was saying to ma neebur should get Tidser off as tired then pops up with the 3rd 😅, hope Tam isn't too badly hurt 

2 minutes ago, bod said:

Ok Mr Bartley explain that team selection and performance?

If the board had anything about them they should be telling Bartley to concentrate on his managerial duties and not his media ones!

I'm pretty sure that would have been discussed before he signed. 

48 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I think many supporters have been guilty of listening to MB’s rhetoric rather than judging him on what we actually witness on the pitch - which let’s face it has been grossly under-whelming. If we were losing games but dominating and playing positive attacking football then there would be reasonable grounds for the tide turning but there is literally nothing that I can see that makes me expect anything but more disappointment.

It's not good enough just now, there's no arguing that. My point was more that his job is safe this season unless we find ourselves near the bottom if our BoD previous leniency continues. 

FWIW I wouldn't be looking elsewhere this early anyway. 

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's not good enough just now, there's no arguing that. My point was more that his job is safe this season unless we find ourselves near the bottom if our BoD previous leniency continues. 

FWIW I wouldn't be looking elsewhere this early anyway. 

Yeah, this.

It's bloody awful and we're shaping up for another awful first quarter.  It seems that, quite simply, too few of our players are good enough for us to be a force in this division.  

We've had lots of managerial change in recent years and there's no way we'll make yet another change unless we're looking like getting relegated, which right now, does not look inconceivable.

I'm no particular fanboy of Bartley - he's starting to look like the definition of someone who talks a good game.  However, despite being full-time and one of the division's bigger clubs, we can't assume we were bound to get up quickly.

I agree that we'll certainly not change manager anytime soon.  I also think, despite my usual position on such matters, that we shouldn't either.

That, however, is not to defend the job he's doing.  Thus far, it's been shite.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The difference being, presumably, that yours was fixable.

Maybe someone should nip to B&Q/Homebase (other hardware stores are available ...) and buy Marvin a tube of sealant and a cartridge applicator gun ...

2 hours ago, bod said:

Ok Mr Bartley explain that team selection and performance?

If the board had anything about them they should be telling Bartley to concentrate on his managerial duties and not his media ones!

His media appearances may become more infrequent if our results continue to reveal that his supposed expertise (cough, cough) is all waffle which lacks any evidence to suggest he knows what he is talking about.

He has assembled a very young squad, oldest in starting 11 was 23 today.. Lacking thhee experienced know how. He hasnt had the chance to put out the same team two games running due to injuries. We still haven't seen. Our stingiest 11 on the pitch yet. Afraid even how disappointing it's been the last few weeks we will need to give him and the team time.. Sure he said it was going to be a long road when he signed, need to stick by him.. Look at a club the Size of Falkirk it's took them so many years to reach the top of league 1...

We were never going to compete with the top two but we now must battle to be the best of the rest...