Kelty v Queens

Bit early in the season to be talking about must win games.  However, I do agree that a win is needed to get back on track.   The last few weeks have not been good enough through a combination of negative tactics and players not performing.

Big improvement needed for Saturday.  It will be far from easy as Kelty naturally will be looking for a win in front of their own fans.  Looking forward to this game though, was easily one of the best away days last season.

Kelty coming off the back of a pumping from Falkirk will be looking to restore some pride. Maybe were a bit unlucky with a couple of decisions. We don't have anywhere near the same firepower as Falkirk and Bartley has us trying to play a form of football that the players don't seem comfortable with or are maybe just not good enough to execute. We're still missing a few players through injury or are 50/50 to be available, and two of the players we expect a lot from, Connelly and Cochrane (Saturdays cracking goal aside) haven't been performing anywhere near the standard we need in midfield.. On the upside, we've ran Falkirk and Hamilton close the past two weeks before falling to sucker punch late goals, so if the players concentrate, put the effort in and cut out silly mistakes we may just take something from this game. Hoping to take in my first game at Kelty on Saturday, travelling more in hope than expectation tbh. 

IN MARVIN WE TRUST (but not sure for how long). 

20 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Kelty coming off the back of a pumping from Falkirk will be looking to restore some pride. Maybe were a bit unlucky with a couple of decisions. We don't have anywhere near the same firepower as Falkirk and Bartley has us trying to play a form of football that the players don't seem comfortable with or are maybe just not good enough to execute. We're still missing a few players through injury or are 50/50 to be available, and two of the players we expect a lot from, Connelly and Cochrane (Saturdays cracking goal aside) haven't been performing anywhere near the standard we need in midfield.. On the upside, we've ran Falkirk and Hamilton close the past two weeks before falling to sucker punch late goals, so if the players concentrate, put the effort in and cut out silly mistakes we may just take something from this game. Hoping to take in my first game at Kelty on Saturday, travelling more in hope than expectation tbh. 

IN MARVIN WE TRUST (but not sure for how long). 

Queens should be looking to restore some pride after 3 league defeats in a row.

36 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Disagree. Never a pen & a clanger from the keeper. Second half you were really dominant but first half was pretty even bar the above.

Depends how you look at it I suppose.

There didn't seem to be contact at the penalty, however, it was never a dive (Callum Morrison would never, ever give up the chance to shoot) so it was a strange one really. Yes, the keeper made a blunder too but must have made 5 or 6 fantastic saves that could easily have given us more. Also, your goal, belter that it was, came from a mistake from our defence.

I thought Kelty were quite neat and tidy but you carry very little threat up front and your defence was exposed on numerous occasions. It felt like we were going to score every time we went forward.

12 minutes ago, bod said:

What is it with Falkirk posters swarming all over our match threads?

Cos we are just like them ... Massive ... aye?

PS - watched the first half of the Bairns game - wasn't a penalty, but you don't win 5-1 away from home by being lucky ...

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Depends how you look at it I suppose.

There didn't seem to be contact at the penalty, however, it was never a dive (Callum Morrison would never, ever give up the chance to shoot) so it was a strange one really. Yes, the keeper made a blunder too but must have made 5 or 6 fantastic saves that could easily have given us more. Also, your goal, belter that it was, came from a mistake from our defence.

I thought Kelty were quite neat and tidy but you carry very little threat up front and your defence was exposed on numerous occasions. It felt like we were going to score every time we went forward.

Agreed you could have had more second half. We badly missed CJ & Moore up top and the experience of Thomson & Corbett at the back. Was really impressed with you though & as painful as it was, good to see Alfie fulfilling his potential with you.

Edited by leomessi1984

After last weeks performances from some players I certainly hope we have a few back from their injuries. I would like to see us line up as below. 

Stone, 

Logan, Ambrose, McClelland, Church

Houston, Todd, Mimnaugh, Gibson

Doherty, Reilly.

Sadly I fear 1 or 2 might not quite be up to a starting place yet but I feel that would make us a little more solid. Stating the obvious but we need to stop conceding.

I certainly hope the journey is worth it, unlike like last season!

34 minutes ago, bod said:

After last weeks performances from some players I certainly hope we have a few back from their injuries. I would like to see us line up as below. 

Stone, 

Logan, Ambrose, McClelland, Church

Houston, Todd, Mimnaugh, Gibson

Doherty, Reilly.

Sadly I fear 1 or 2 might not quite be up to a starting place yet but I feel that would make us a little more solid. Stating the obvious but we need to stop conceding.

I certainly hope the journey is worth it, unlike like last season!

Leaving our Captain out? Won't happen...