St Mirren v Alex Rae’s Sevco Zombies

3 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

I don’t think we looked great even before the red card, very disappointing.

I thought there was absolutely nothing between the teams until the red card. Our wing backs were causing Tavernier & Barisic plenty of problems and we looked comfortable enough. Neither side looked ‘great’, but the red card deprived us of seeing ‘what might have been’. Self-inflicted. That’s the disappointing part. We were far from set up negatively against an ugly sister looking to have ten men behind the ball and desperately trying to eke out a 0-0.

The red card and penalty changed everything, in that one moment. Fcuking annoying, because to be fair, Strain has been a great signing.

Time for the break and go again at Ross County. Keep eleven men on the park please.

Sometimes you just need to hold your hands up and say we shot ourselves in the foot. Similar to the Dunne sending off against Celtic. We fecked it up. 

I also thought starting Olusanya was a mistake. We didnt play to his strengths. 

As for the Rangers fans they are a joke. Holding banners up one minute slating the side to going through the full bigoted song book the next. 

They are a disgrace to modern society. Everyone is too weak to act on this behaviour. It is pathetic. 

Onwards and upwards. A break to reset and get back on track now. 

45 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I worked in Paisley for fourteen years and retain a fondness for the town and its fitba team.

I feel somehow let down by them today.

I thought we allowed Rangers time to settle and dictate the tempo of the game, when really  I was expecting us to go right at them and try to unsettle a team with zero confidence.

The penalty and resulting red card ended the game as a contest.

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Sometimes you just need to hold your hands up and say we shot ourselves in the foot. Similar to the Dunne sending off against Celtic. We fecked it up. 

As for the Rangers fans they are a joke. Holding banners up one minute slating the side to going through the full bigoted song book the next. 

They are a disgrace to modern society. Everyone is too weak to act on this behaviour. It is pathetic

Lots of parking tickets on the cars in the immediate vicinity of the ground.

Let's hope most of them were for the away support.

2 hours ago, AW saint said:

They are a disgrace to modern society. Everyone is too weak to act on this behaviour. It is pathetic. 

Too many of their fans hide behind the "It's only a minority and we want it binned as much as you " shtick. The volume of the singing and chants tells you that it is, in fact, the majority joining in rather than the minority, especially when they're away from home. 

The favourite get outs are along the lines of "What do you expect me to do? Risk my own safety to say something?". Utter bullshit if the majority are decent fans who truly want to see an end to it.

If it is a minority (it's not) then why, when they strike up the refrains of their usual bile, can't the decent ones join in with the booing and derision of the opposition support to drown them out? Surely if the good guys in their support vastly outnumber the braindead offenders there should be no safety fears and they could play their part in finally ridding us of what is a national embarrassment? 

The answer is simple. Without the sectarianism they are nothing. Like Celtic, bigotry and religion is at the heart of their very foundations and the clubs are in no way serious about changing that. Sad but unfortunately true, and will always be so. 

12 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Too many of their fans hide behind the "It's only a minority and we want it binned as much as you " shtick. The volume of the singing and chants tells you that it is, in fact, the majority joining in rather than the minority, especially when they're away from home. 

The favourite get outs are along the lines of "What do you expect me to do? Risk my own safety to say something?". Utter bullshit if the majority are decent fans who truly want to see an end to it.

If it is a minority (it's not) then why, when they strike up the refrains of their usual bile, can't the decent ones join in with the booing and derision of the opposition support to drown them out? Surely if the good guys in their support vastly outnumber the braindead offenders there should be no safety fears and they could play their part in finally ridding us of what is a national embarrassment? 

The answer is simple. Without the sectarianism they are nothing. Like Celtic, bigotry and religion is at the heart of their very foundations and the clubs are in no way serious about changing that. Sad but unfortunately true, and will always be so. 

Drew & the gang will be along soon to demand "WhURs ThE bIgOtRee iN urR cHooNs?' Well done you.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Drew & the gang will be along soon to demand "WhURs ThE bIgOtRee iN urR cHooNs?' Well done you.

Sorry.

Ach, maybe they'll all finally want to come together like big boys and discuss a way of removing the slightest provocative religious/bigoted/political etc stuff which has no place in football once and for all.

Then again...

Apologies to Saints fans, no intention to derail your match thread.

23 minutes ago, 'WellDel said: