Rangers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

349 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Not Clement? 

I wouldn’t mind giving Clement a go to be fair. I suppose it’ll depend on how the interviews next week go, I am just assuming Muscat will be the front runner given how long his name has been in the mix.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They want the same thing theyve wanted for the past 20 years, and thats Walter Smith.

Its like they cant move past him.

Speaking for myself,  there's a fair bit of truth here.

There is loads of wee sub plots here,as much as sevco needed a revamp how bad are the jobbyers Beale brung in.
For any manager coming in there is silverware up for grabs in the league cup which maybe paper over the cracks.
Plus players coming back from injury should give them a wee bouncy bouncy.
For me the interesting part is can they manage to hold on to finishing second with a bit of consistency in the league or can one of the diddies collect enough points to make the transition complete.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They want the same thing theyve wanted for the past 20 years, and thats Walter Smith.

It’s like they cant move past him.

As a slightly related note I’ve been thinking that there is a pretty incredible similarity between Rangers and Man Utd from late 80s/early 90s until roughly the same period.  Of course Man Utd haven’t suffered quite the same effects financially but their club (or whatever) has also suffered from terrible leadership from the top.

hilarious real housewives of new york GIF

3 hours ago, AJF said:

I wouldn’t mind giving Clement a go to be fair. I suppose it’ll depend on how the interviews next week go, I am just assuming Muscat will be the front runner given how long his name has been in the mix.

He has the best CV of the linked candidates.

On that basis I hope it’s not him 😀

Think it’ll be him or the psychopath 

12 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Muscat saying he will stay in Japan to win the title.

In other news Rooney has just left DC United.

The rumour last month was that Tom Brady was bringing Rooney into Blues and Eustace was going to Rangers.

Complete nonsense of course given Rooney had a job and Rangers had a manager.

Eustace now 9-2 btw.

12 hours ago, bluearmyfaction said:

The rumour last month was that Tom Brady was bringing Rooney into Blues and Eustace was going to Rangers.

Complete nonsense of course given Rooney had a job and Rangers had a manager.

Eustace now 9-2 btw.

Eustace sacked by Birmingham 

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

After just having our fingers burnt by appointing an inexperienced manager, it would be madness if we decided to do the same again with Eustace.

Which is why Rangers will do it!

If Rangers appoint a manager who has only had one job and has just been binned by a 6th placed championship side, then its a bit of a new low and probably shows how far Rangers have dropped tbh.

If I'm honest, I'm not sure why Eustace is/was so highly thought of? Does he have some sort of link to Rangers or a history of being a top coach? Not trolling, just from am outside in looks a strange name to be linked. 

49 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Which is why Rangers will do it!

If Rangers appoint a manager who has only had one job and has just been binned by a 6th placed championship side, then its a bit of a new low and probably shows how far Rangers have dropped tbh.

If I'm honest, I'm not sure why Eustace is/was so highly thought of? Does he have some sort of link to Rangers or a history of being a top coach? Not trolling, just from am outside in looks a strange name to be linked. 

I’ve no idea to be honest. I wasn’t even aware he was Birmingham manager until a few days ago and now all of a sudden his price is dropping.

I understand that Next Manager markets can change with just a little money being placed so hopefully it’s just a case of this rather than there being a genuine interest.

He hasn’t been named on the shortlists that have been speculated about really.

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve no idea to be honest. I wasn’t even aware he was Birmingham manager until a few days ago and now all of a sudden his price is dropping.

I understand that Next Manager markets can change with just a little money being placed so hopefully it’s just a case of this rather than there being a genuine interest.

He hasn’t been named on the shortlists that have been speculated about really.

Quick look at his history suggests a pretty unspectacular playing career, but seems to have done a fair bit of coaching, even at international level, for which I'm sure the Rangers fans will be delighted... 👀🤫😅

001ee873-500.jpg

Philippe Clement gives strong Le Guen and Pedro vibes. In fact, more so Pedro as Le Guen had a decent reputation before Rangers.

John Eustace, whilst doing well at Birmingham seems like an extremely underwhelming shout and has less experience and success than Warburton did at the time he was appointed.

I know Rangers fans are being unrealistic in who they think they can get but the names being touted all sound amazing... if you support Celtic.

ETA: Didn't realise Clement was as successful as he was with Genk tbf.

Edited by Ludo*1