Livi v Motherwell - 07/10/23

I assume the Livi player was tripped, why else would he go down? Did he cut in front of Miller and force the trip?  It would still be a trip though.  Even if it is unintentional I think it has to be a red, the ref couldn’t just say he didn’t mean it, play on.

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

I assume the Livi player was tripped, why else would he go down? Did he cut in front of Miller and force the trip?  It would still be a trip though.  Even if it is unintentional I think it has to be a red, the ref couldn’t just say he didn’t mean it, play on.

I believe from looking at it, Miller is not intending to trip the Livi player and is trying to pull out of a tackle. However he is far too late and catches him.

By the letter of the law its a Red. Annoying if its against you but he has to be more aware about that kind of situation. 

We really needed that win; didn't think either team played particularly well in the first half but maybe the weather played a part.

Pretty sure SportScene will be glad of the sending off else they wouldn't have had anything to talk about in the first half.

Was pretty happy with McKay's performance and Sean Kelly did a lot better than predicted in the CD role.The rest did okay but was disappointed by Nouble; don't know where his mind was but it certainly wasn't on the pitch; hes a lot better than that.

34 minutes ago, Durnford said:

We really needed that win; didn't think either team played particularly well in the first half but maybe the weather played a part.

Pretty sure SportScene will be glad of the sending off else they wouldn't have had anything to talk about in the first half.

Was pretty happy with McKay's performance and Sean Kelly did a lot better than predicted in the CD role.The rest did okay but was disappointed by Nouble; don't know where his mind was but it certainly wasn't on the pitch; hes a lot better than that.

Thought Nouble performed better defensively than in attack, made headed clearances in the box and good tackles. Seems to have lost that spark in attack though, waits to draw players in before moving forward taking them on. MacKay in contrast just goes for it, running past players, hit the byeline and put a great cross in for Bruce's goal.

Would like to see us going with a front 3 of St Kelly/Bradley-Anderson-MacKay and drop Nouble to the bench.

After all the pish from St Johnstone supporters for 5 days after the match,hopefully Well fans wont keep this going till at least Monday.Gets boring going over and over the same thing time and time again.Livi deserved that,albeit against 10 men.Horrendous day for football,but credit to the Well fans for making the trip not knowing if the game was on or not👏.Big win for the Lions though.👏.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Is Wilkinson temperament suspect, fair enough he got hacked down but we were down to 10 men and chasing the game but he wanted to fight.

Actually don't mind that at all, tbh. By a distance the most he's looked like he's given a f**k since he's been here. It was a really snide tackle from Holt, if Wilkonson wants to deck someone then fine.

On Miller; it's really smart play from the Livi player, he knows exactly what he's doing there, and knows a) if he gets across Miller he can't get around him, and b) he'll probably have Miller sent off.

I thought it was unlucky from Miller as I didn't see an angle that actually showed any contact, but similarly, as VAR works that probably means there isn't one to overturn it either. Let's call it a learning experience, and at least we'll be nudged into wee Davor having to step up to the game post international break as well. 

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Can’t remember if it was Motherwell we did that to last season, but from then we sorted it out. Pies for all. 

With the class pies and free hot drinks, you’d think Motherwell would leave us with the three points as a thanks 

The folk that supply your pies have been providing us with some of these pies as well recently and someone involved has been posting on our thread. He posted saying he thought the pies were only going to be available in the home end but I'm pleased to say he was wrong. Fair play to Livingston for the free hot drinks and also to the stewards for opening up another section to allow folk down the front to move to avoid the rain. Plenty of clubs wouldn't have done that (I'm looking at you Hibs and Hearts).

48 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

After all the pish from St Johnstone supporters for 5 days after the match,hopefully Well fans wont keep this going till at least Monday.Gets boring going over and over the same thing time and time again.Livi deserved that,albeit against 10 men.Horrendous day for football,but credit to the Well fans for making the trip not knowing if the game was on or not👏.Big win for the Lions though.👏.

Your wish is our command. Congratulations on your win, now feel free to commit this thread to the ether and never speak of the game again.

21 hours ago, Scrutinizer said:

,Shinnie is useless along with Pittman,Shaun Kelly, Sangare....The Well will scud this lot 3-0

I see what you did there....

Just watched Sportscene, all the big decisions that got reviewed were correct then. MacKay gets clipped and it knocks his leg onto the other tripping him up, for the red card. The Pen was def a pen with Mugabi clearing Penrice out. And Holt was clipped just outside the box on his back leg before his other foot made contact with the ground inside the box, then went down a yard or so in the box.

On 06/10/2023 at 20:20, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Our recent record against Livi is becoming borderline ridiculous against a team that have generally been as good as or better than us over that period. I'm going to keep predicting Livi wins until it finally happens.

2-0 Livi

Good shout BTW.

Massive win, just before the international break. Like a birdie on 18. 

It seems like an age since we last won a game where we go in front, extend our lead, and then keep a clean sheet. 

Did not expect Motherwell to be as poor. 

19 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Did not expect Motherwell to be as poor. 

Nor did our Manager or our fans or even the players. 

1st really bad performance in 8 games (even if we did not get any points previous 3 games).As averages goes that is still above a normal Motherwell season / team. 

12 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Nor did our Manager or our fans or even the players. 

1st really bad performance in 8 games (even if we did not get any points previous 3 games).As averages goes that is still above a normal Motherwell season / team. 

There’s nothing more maddening than when your team, in the midst of a great run of performances, throws in a manky one. 

Itll forever bug me we never signed Jason Holt permanently when the chance was there.

One of the most under rated players in the league.

Just before half time I was thinking I'd seen this sort of match plenty of times before at Livingston. Pretty untidy with hardly any chances and it looked like one goal might settle it. The sending off changed that and we were well beaten. Could have done better at the goals but it could have been more. I was impressed by Mackay on the right wing, you don't see many players taking on people like that and it resulted in Spencer (then Gent) having a torrid time. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Itll forever bug me we never signed Jason Holt permanently when the chance was there.

One of the most under rated players in the league.

I'm still amazed we not only signed Holt but just recently extended his contract...top player who doesn't get nearly enough credit