Dunfermline vs Ayr - Sat 21st Oct

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Don’t want to be “that guy” but the weather is once again looking atrocious heading into the weekend.

Provided we don’t get another waterlogged pitch, it doesn’t look like the conditions are going to be very enjoyable.

It looks like it's going to be atrocious Thursday and Friday morning, then improve slightly Friday night into Saturday. So fingers crossed it eases enough for the game to be on even if it's a midden. I'll cry if it's off. 

I don't know if it's possible but it's to have calmed down on Sunday so why not change it now, to Sunday at 3pm, rather than wait for it to be called off and then look to reschedule it later in the season.

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

I don't know if it's possible but it's to have calmed down on Sunday so why not change it now, to Sunday at 3pm, rather than wait for it to be called off and then look to reschedule it later in the season.

McPake going to postpone everything until KRH and Matty Todd are back.

On 16/10/2023 at 20:25, D'Jaffo said:

I remember being absolutely devastated as a grown adult losing 2-1 at Somerset in the 15-16 season despite having an extra man playing. 

One of my favourite away days. We took the lead, you equalised before HT, then we go down to 10 men but went on to score. Sure we won twice down at Somerset in a matter of weeks, Scottish Cup then league. Ayr never recovered and Peterhead ended up being out biggest challenge. 

There was quite a bit of needle between the players that season. Started off with Ayr winning at East End in the September, couple of bag tackles and a season ending injury then it carried on from there. The games mentioned above in November/December were good but the game later in the season when El Bak scored that overhead kick was class.

I remember going to a Norrie McCathie tribute night at Carneige Hall around December time and Ian McCall was one of the guests, he got roasted as had been in the press talking up how Ayr were the better team, better players etc.

30 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Proactive move would be to switch this to Sunday afternoon or Tuesday night tomorrow.

It’s going to be torrential downpours from first thing tomorrow until Saturday night. Not a chance this goes ahead as scheduled IMO.

Far too sensible viewpoint for Scottish football. They'll wait till 1pm to do any pitch inspection to ensure as many away fans as possible have set off. 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

One of my favourite away days. We took the lead, you equalised before HT, then we go down to 10 men but went on to score. Sure we won twice down at Somerset in a matter of weeks, Scottish Cup then league. Ayr never recovered and Peterhead ended up being out biggest challenge. 

There was quite a bit of needle between the players that season. Started off with Ayr winning at East End in the September, couple of bag tackles and a season ending injury then it carried on from there. The games mentioned above in November/December were good but the game later in the season when El Bak scored that overhead kick was class.

I remember going to a Norrie McCathie tribute night at Carneige Hall around December time and Ian McCall was one of the guests, he got roasted as had been in the press talking up how Ayr were the better team, better players etc.

That was the usual from McCall. He loved nothing more than to create a bit of needle as he felt it suited some of our players more in big games. Certainly worked when we went up against Raith in League One as they were a much more fragile side than us. Didn’t really work against a Dunfermline side that had the likes of Geggan, Talbot, Falkingham and Cardle.

It was a decent Ayr team (no where near the one that won the league a couple of years after) but realistically Nicky Devlin was the only Ayr player that would’ve gotten into the Dunfermline team that year. 

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

ScotRail binning loads of services between tomorrow and Saturday…

Network rail have essentially closed the eastern railway from Thursday until their inspections finish on Saturday.