Thistle vs Dundee United - 21 October 2023

Fairly even game in the first half that United probably edged. The second goal, killed it, and third coming so quickly afterwards killed any desire from our players to keep it respectable. 

Absolutely criminal not to bother replacing Docherty in the summer, and today proved exactly why. Strolled it against McInroy and Bannigan who were abysmal. Special mention for how bad McDonald was when he came on as well. 

There has been a couple of horrendous results/performances this season, but there have also been some great ones. We’re 3rd after the first round of games, which is where we’d reasonably expect/hope to be. Massive improvement needed for Friday night, but going by the trend of recent results, we’ll probably get one. 

Edited by GrahamJags

We are really poor defensively, and the lack of a proper holding midfielder is biting us on the arse with regularity.  Even the games we've won we've had to weather large chunks of pressure. 

As most have said I thought we were well in the game until the second goal which I felt at first glance Sneddon should have done better with and then we just chucked it which was extremely disappointing. 

14 points from the first quarter is about par for making the playoffs. We've had some brilliant spells (second halves away to Ayr and Morton) and some absolute shite (last half hour today and whole game vs Arbroath). We played the team that will almost certainly stroll the league today but need to be more consistent to make sure we get top 4. 

Truth is United are just much, much better than us all over the pitch. Even at 1-0 I thought they were strolling the game, thought they could/should have tried to put us out of sight earlier when they were clearly better but Goodwin can't seem to help wanting to try to just shut the game down rather than letting his team play. I'd be amazed if they don't kick on and win the league by a distance, excellent players at this level in every single position, like the look of Fotheringham too, classy player. 

Good to see Watt has finally found the level where his talent matches his ego, thought he was different class today. The constant desire to cheat must be exhausting though. Neilson did well I thought considering but the rest of them were miles off it, perfectly summed up by Graham's embarrassing attempt to catch Docherty. 

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Can we criticise Barton himself? I think that would be fair. Like, if I pretended to be a pilot and then crashed the plane, oopsie. 

I’m concerned about online bullying.  Maybe best not in case the useless b*****d reads these threads.