Norway v Spain - Sunday 15/10/23

So let me get this straight, Scotland have just qualified for a tournament and still have 2 games where, although it would still be good to win, we can genuinely consider “getting the kids some experience”.  How wild.

22 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Man alive, imagine being in Germany and wilfully drinking the T. Hopefully for their sake Brexit makes it awkward to get through.

i know this post will be Red central but your average local beer in Germany will be better than Tennents.

Edited by Rodhull

42 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Why is t massive? I may be wrong but looks to me like pots 2 or 3 will be very similar. Is there any other advantages in terms of playing 2 games in the same city or something? 

I suppose I just assumed that the big teams would get their act together 

But really there isn't much leeway for them to gain ground, particularly Netherlands and Italy who have tough groups.

Even tonight Turkey are now likely to be in pot 2 over Croatia and I think we'd probably agree that we'd have chosen to avoid Croatia over Turkey given the choice.

Be interesting to see the lay of the land come the draw

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

I suppose I just assumed that the big teams would get their act together 

But really there isn't much leeway for them to gain ground, particularly Netherlands and Italy who have tough groups.

Even tonight Turkey are now likely to be in pot 2 over Croatia and I think we'd probably agree that we'd have chosen to avoid Croatia over Turkey given the choice.

Be interesting to see the lay of the land come the draw

I'd take Wales though! Imagine the atmosphere at that! 

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Haaland could have played for England. Norway have never set the world alight, so he must have known his choice when he made it. 

Some choice, England or Norway ... Norway all day long ... big Erling kens his stuff.  👌

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Gone from 11% to 33% according to the boffins so they're saying there's a chance

They have it in their own hands tbf

There have been some big results the last 24 hrs in terms of pots. Austria and Croatia losing and Switzerland drawing. If we win our last 2 matches I think we are assured of a pot 2 spot. 4pts might be enough but will be touch and go.

Edited by Hendricks

8 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Yep, as projected currently we are in pot 2.

2 wins will guarantee that. 4pts will be touch and go. Pretty debatable if pot 2 or 3 will matter! Luck of the draw big time. 

Austria the New favourite team in Larkhall 

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

Worth getting pot 2 just to avoid England imo

Absolutely. Both, a) they're quite good b) it overshadows everything. Just avoiding them completely would be great

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Imaginary draw tonight.....

Hungary / Scotland / Austria / Israel

or 

France / Scotland / Italy / Bosnia or Poland

The first line is what England will get except Israel will withdraw due to the war and will be replaced with San Marino .

32 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

So let me get this straight, Scotland have just qualified for a tournament and still have 2 games where, although it would still be good to win, we can genuinely consider “getting the kids some experience”.  How wild.

Will never happen we are still trying to win the group probably won't happen but we have to try

Also don't know who he would bring in?Doig possibly for Tierney or Robertson if there still injured who probably merits it?If he is playing in Italy?

Ive been impressed with Max Johnston but don't think he gets in over Hickey or Patterson 

But can see him getting capped one day looks a very good right back

Edited by General dissaray

58 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Screenshot_20231015_230227.thumb.jpg.920edf38f58dbcf4db0487a8fce1ecc0.jpg

This may be a classic case of "tone being lost in text" - but this caption just feels like a really cheap and low shot at Patterson.

Not that I expect anything else from the BBC "Journalists" - their attempts at using slang earlier - as I've already poked fun at - were utterly horrible to read through.

They can't ruin the party, though.

Patterson isn't a particularly injury-prone player, I think this is just saying "make sure you're there".