Norway v Spain - Sunday 15/10/23

41 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

In an ideal world I’d want Norway to win tonight and both them and us to qualify for the euros. How sweet would it be to see greeting face turds like Rodri and Joselu getting knocked out while claiming everyone else is shite like some wee guy who’s just been horsed on fifa ultimate team.

We don’t live in an ideal world, though, so a 3-0 Spain win tonight would be smashing.

Surely in an ideal world a draw is the best result tonight, not only do we qualify with 2 games to spare but if we win our last 2 games we win the group regardless of spains results

6 hours ago, Nutmeg Richard said:

Not quite as tense tonight as it was on November 20 1991, when our hopes of reaching Euro 92 rested on Bulgaria v Romania.

Who will step up and be our Nasko Sirakov hero figure this time?

Calm your nerves with this reminder from Nutmeg 1. All will be fine... 😬 https://bit.ly/3ZYitRc

Plus I'll be watching tonight with a pint down the pub and not via Ceefax on my bedroom portable.

6 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I want Spain out.

If Norway edge out Spain in the groups, they’ll have a home playoff semi final against Estonia and then probably play Wales or Czech Republic in the final. It’s all but certain that Spain will be at the tournament. 

10 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Surely in an ideal world a draw is the best result tonight, not only do we qualify with 2 games to spare but if we win our last 2 games we win the group regardless of spains results

I still think winning our last two games, off the back of (probably) three consecutive defeats is a big ask. Let the football fortunes be on our side for a change and let Spain do the work for us.