Who’s on the plane?

Donathan

What I can’t understand is why barron who plays for a average Aberdeen team is getting tipped for a Scotland call up meanwhile mccowan who’s a better player and has had a better season is nowhere mentioned

14 minutes ago, Brmiddleton4 said:

What I can’t understand is why barron who plays for a average Aberdeen team is getting tipped for a Scotland call up meanwhile mccowan who’s a better player and has had a better season is nowhere mentioned

I don't think it's too hard to understand. Barron has a higher ceiling than McCowan. He's one for the future. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I was actually just about to post if anyone else was buzzing for it, or if it was just me! 

Can still remember the announcement from the last Euro’s. 

I hope we're spared a drawn out squad reveal. "2....Tony Ralston, 21....Zander Clarke, 23......you guessed it"

Spoiler

Kenny McLean 🤖

It's just a preliminary squad, so hopefully spared the titillation.

Edited by 2426255

There will be a lot of celebration at 11am regardless of the exact names called up. I am sure of it. No matter who it is, they will be the players that Clarke trusts. On 14th June, they’ll give Germany the game of their lives.

I am fairly certain of 21-22 names. Now the really question is who will make the last few spots.

The squad will contain 26 players picked by Steve Clarke. He will choose them. Everyone is on tenterhooks at this point.

Scotland need to try and get through the groups this time. Question marks will be asked of Steve if not. Under his reign we are in our second tournament now. And whilst ending the long hoodoo was a wonderful achievement, maybe it’s time to go a step further. Dream those dreams, Scotland are going to the last 16. 

It'll be the usual "British" television distant for Scotland.

Pretty much the entire day on Tuesday revolved around England's provisional squad.

Later today It'll be 15 mins of Steve Clarke giving the list, before cutting back to the Sky News studio to focus more on the England squad.

In other words "By the way, here's the Scotland squad... moving on".

Posted (edited)

The rubbish pun above was just that, but maybe there’s something in it… 👀 

Edit: never mind, just found out he’s been  injured for the last month. Got my hopes up for a minute there.

Edited by dezz

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Tony Watt going as the 28th man, clearly. 

How on earth Brian Graham, Championship player of the year, isn't being mentioned is a scandal. And his coaching prowess would be invaluable too.

I'd be quite surprised if there were any "wildcard" picks in the 28, it just doesn't strike me as SCs style.

BBC saying 11am announcement will be via a pre recorded SM video as opposed to a live press gathering type thing so given players must know if there were any left field picks someone in the media would have had wind of it by now and that would have lead to leaks.

11 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Personally, I can't see Livramento being called up by England. Barring a barage of injuries, he won't be.

He's behind Walker, Trippier, James, Rico Lewis. Not counting TAA as he's a midfielder for England.

In 36 EPL matches he's got two assists and one goal.

Patterson has zero goals and two assists in 38 games.

There's really not that much between them. They both have the same "Bambi on ice" vibe about them.

If called up, Livramento would be our 3rd choice right back, when everyone's fit. He'd also be England's 3rd choice one Trippier and Walker retire.

I know that Patterson's injured, but I wouldn't include an uncapped player for such a massive tournament.

Barnes has come out and said that he only wants to play for England. Which gets my total respect. I can't see Anderson playing for England.

If I were Steve Clarke I would do what Southgate is doing. I would call up a few kids in order to give them experience and ataste of the full squad atmosphere.

I'm talking about kids like King, Morrison, Johnston, Miller, Watson, Cameron, Conway, Fotheringham etc. Spending a couple weeks training, and maybe getting a few minutes in the friendlies, would be great experience for these lads.

Watching professionals like Robertson, McGregor, Gilmour, McGinn, McTominay up close and how they train and conduct themselves. It would be an education and it would show them what standards you have to reach if you want to reach the top level and to represent Scotland.

Oh. I'm very excited.

I take it you don't watch much English football if you think there is little between Livramento and Patterson  🤣🤣🥰

John Carver in the Herald, probably based on the STV News bit a day ago. Fairly insightful.

I don’t think there is going to be any surprises. I would be very surprised if there is a surprise. But we have got a group of about 40 players that we have been looking at. All the staff, but particularly Steve and myself, have been out watching games, keeping our fingers crossed, hoping that players come through without any injuries. So we know the players, we have got all the data on every single player. Graeme Jones and his staff are in constant contact with all the different clubs to make sure that we have all the information that we need. But, again, you can have the information, but your eyes are good testers and that is why we want them on the grass and want the group of 28. It gives us an opportunity to see the guys.

Grant Hanley is an example. He has been fit for a number of weeks now, but he hasn’t had a great deal of playing time. So it is an ideal opportunity for us to sit with them and have a good chat with them, but also see them on the training ground every single day. Plus, we have got two games before we have to name that final squad. I think it is the fairest way to do it. Obviously, when we get to the end of it there are going to be a couple of guys who are disappointed, but at least Steve then can speak face to face with the guys who are not going to be in. We have always talked about how fair he is and how honest he is and I think it’s the fairest way to deal with the guys who have done a fantastic and unbelievable job to get us to the Euros, the second Euros in a row.

John Carver

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/24336541.celtic-duos-timely-revival-gives-scotland-assistant-euro-2024-lift/

1 hour ago, dezz said:

The rubbish pun above was just that, but maybe there’s something in it… 👀 

Edit: never mind, just found out he’s been  injured for the last month. Got my hopes up for a minute there.

Trippier is in the England team.

When does the Scotland team meet up?

Almiron and Bruno Guimaraes will be going to the copa America as well. I’m very surprised Newcastle didn’t give everyone who’s going on international duty a week off because I’d assume most countries meet for pre tournament training this coming Monday.

In fact I’m surprised the gimmicky friendly is happening at all but that’s a different point altogether.

9 hours ago, Brmiddleton4 said:

I like McCowan but is he not more of an attacking midfielder? That part of the squad is exceptionally difficult to dislodge any of the current crop.