Ross County vs St. Mirren

2 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Incompetent? The RCTV in the covid years was actually quite good. 

Too tight? Maybe, but it clearly wasn’t ever going to turn a profit with our fan base. Prudent to let it go imho.

Surely the benefit of it is not mainly for home fans but to benefit from away fans who cant get to the game, a midweek game in November would be ideal for that. At say £12 each, you might get 2000 watching tomorrow night, thats 24k. Profits would go up if playing better supported teams like Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen. 

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Surely the benefit of it is not mainly for home fans but to benefit from away fans who cant get to the game, a midweek game in November would be ideal for that. At say £12 each, you might get 2000 watching tomorrow night, thats 24k. Profits would go up if playing better supported teams like Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen. 

I think if you got 200 paying public that it would be impressive.  The other 1800 would watch on a pirate stream. 

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Incompetent? The RCTV in the covid years was actually quite good. 

Too tight? Maybe, but it clearly wasn’t ever going to turn a profit with our fan base. Prudent to let it go imho.

Games are recorded by the club for analysis purposes. How hard can it be to have a broadcast of the match using the same footage? It doesn’t have to be a big pre/post match analysis - just basic match footage that starts at 2:55pm and finishes at the end of the match. Can’t fathom it.

11 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Games are recorded by the club for analysis purposes. How hard can it be to have a broadcast of the match using the same footage? It doesn’t have to be a big pre/post match analysis - just basic match footage that starts at 2:55pm and finishes at the end of the match. Can’t fathom it.

That's pretty much what St Mirren tv is and it's perfectly fine.

Edited by houston_bud

9 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

There is a huge difference in recording games to watch later versus producing, commentating and editing a live match stream. It would almost certainly be run at a loss.

RCFCTV during covid was a proper professional production. MacGregor took the view that if it was worth doing, it was worth doing well. Proper commentators in Rory Hamilton and Jamie Lyall, Stephen Craigan on co-comms, and ex-players in as pundits. There's absolutely no way it ran anywhere near making a profit.

You'd hope they've considered the viability to run a reduced service for "overseas" viewers, but it's presumably not financially viable and not worth subsidising.

40 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

No commentary, that would be really grim.

No editing?  Jesus.  What like one camera showing the whole of the pitch?  No replays?  And you want people to pay for this?

I would rather watch every football match with only crowd noise and no commentators. They are mostly shite talking imbiciles anyway. 

If they were hoping to save money they could easily ask the likes of staggies view or county corner for commentary , I’m sure that would work for both parties, if their was a suitable way of watching tonight via a stream I’d definitely pay for it maybe the general demand isn’t there though?

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Think that’s just for UK customers. Video for overseas (or VPN) users.

I just need to know it’s being transmitted as I’ll get it on my IPTV if it is. 

surely if it’s getting screened for overseas then it will be available on iptv