Ross County vs St. Mirren

18 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Saints fans will be expected to travel up through areas with a red weather warning for flooding that's a "threat to life". I reckon there's a good chance this is off, purely for the travelling aspect of it.

It's a real hit miss how they do these call offs for traveling fans, due to us travelling south on the A9 every other week, we've seen some strange decisions. 

Once we had a game in Dingwall against Hearts called off for away fans travelling through bad weather in Perth, but it was lovely weather in Dingwall, but on the same day ICT were at Livingston, and that game stayed on. So not sure who decides it's dangerous for one set of fans yet okay for others. (I could be wrong about the opposition teams in this story, it's clearly been a few years since ict were in the top division, and my memory fades)

Imo supporters should be able to decide themselves, it's not as if shopping centres or cinema's are forced to close due to bad weather, customers make informed decisions themselves.

45 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Saints fans will be expected to travel up through areas with a red weather warning for flooding that's a "threat to life". I reckon there's a good chance this is off, purely for the travelling aspect of it.

We travelled up today as going to Skye to see my dad before the game. Trains off to Inverness, got the bus up, it was wet around Perth but i've seen much worse. Its also expected to be better on Saturday and there wont be any red warnings by then.

Our pitch generally holds up very well so unless it’s monsoon rain in Dingwall I suspect the game will be on. The worry would be the safety aspect through Perth. 

The safety aspect of travelling through Perth has nothing to do with the weather; just need to make sure you get out of there unscathed. 

1 hour ago, Staggie1984 said:

There appears to be more red warnings for tonight, so I assume someone with authority will be keeping a close eye on the prospects of the game going ahead. Safe travels to the Saints fans that are travelling. Hopefully you make it up with no issues. 

I'm already up here so hoping this goes ahead.

Was meant to be in Skye last night but never made it as the train hit a tree! Now spending the day trying to entertain an 11 year old in Inverness. If the game is off as well i predict a meltdown of epic proportions, and probably not just from him.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Aberdeen and Saintees games off, RC V SM still on.

I just hope there's no risk of an abandonment. The thought of Willie Collum parading round the pitch for 20 minutes bouncing the ball, 2013 style, gives me the fear.

23 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

That is weird since we need to drive to Perth on our way to Dingwall, so how can't Motherwell get there since the fakes said the pitch is ok  😕

I think the weather warning covering Perth tomorrow kicks in at 12, so presumably by then most Saints fans will be past that area.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I think the weather warning covering Perth tomorrow kicks in at 12, so presumably by then most Saints fans will be past that area.

They have got to come back through Perth later.

Madness that players and fans will already be on the road before they know for sure if the game is on or off. 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Mor*on's pitch has always been dodgy with or without named storms.

The pitch is playable, as it has pretty much always been in rain since the drainage was redone about 20 years ago, save for one season when David Hopkin had the bright idea of training on it. The postponement is entirely down to travel conditions.