Ross County vs St. Mirren

Just now, Hendo said:

Currently in Perthshire on the train home, its not even raining here!

Aye but the tears you are crying could flood the carriage. 😭 
It was a Police Scotland decision. It seems some home fans have some doubts. We could have seen Collum cancelling it 30minutes before kick off or abandoning the match 30mins into the game. That would have been far more disruptive and disappointing for all concerned. 

Whether we agree or not we just need to accept it. 

Onwards to the next game. 

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

Aye but the tears you are crying could flood the carriage. 😭 
It was a Police Scotland decision. It seems some home fans have some doubts. We could have seen Collum cancelling it 30minutes before kick off or abandoning the match 30mins into the game. That would have been far more disruptive and disappointing for all concerned. 

Whether we agree or not we just need to accept it. 

Onwards to the next game. 

Agree that Collum abandoning the game would have been the worst case scenario, however my point is the police advised the game should be cancelled for safety reasons when the trains are back on, and the weather on the way up is fine. Maybe we should just go further and ban away fans from going to County or ICT games because the A9 has had a lot of accidents? 

Bit unfair to have a go at fans for simply querying this. 

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Bit unfair to have a go at fans for simply querying this. 

I’m not having a go. It was a wee joke. 😔 

I’ve travelled many times often hundreds of miles to games in the past that are postponed 30mins before KO or abandoned. It’s shite. I know the feeling and understand the frustration and costs involved. 

There does seem to be more H&S risk assessments in place than when we first started watching football in the 70s. 
We have seen Police Scotland cancel a game in Paisley at the new stadium due to icy pavements yet Braehead, Silverburn and local retail outlets were not closed. The club still had to honour stewarding, policing, hospitality etc. 
It is fcuking crazy but I’m not sure how we can resolve it on P&B. 

16 minutes ago, Hendo said:

when the trains are back on, and the weather on the way up is fine. 

That’s all well and good but the rain where the game is actually taking place isn’t fine 😂☔☔☔

49 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I don’t get this.  The roads are open and trains are running. 
It would be bizarre if the authorities have decided football supporters are banned from travelling but everyone else can chose to do so if they wish. 
Kind of irrelevant since it sounds as though the game would not last 90 minutes if it was allowed to start. 

Maybe the game was called off because the pitch wouldn't last.

Cancelling football games is different from shutting roads and railways altogether though. It's not that they are banning football fans from travel but just trying to alleviate traffic when the weather is as bad as it is.

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

There's a bit of me that agrees with this. But you could extend that to a lot of things such as 'people can decide whether to wear seatbelts / helmets' etc

It's the authorities' job to make sure people are safe. 

Speaking as a grumpy old fart, going to games in horrendous conditions and the horror journeys associated with these games were part of the lore - stories that get exaggerated in the retelling.

25 minutes ago, Loki said:

That’s all well and good but the rain where the game is actually taking place isn’t fine 😂☔☔☔

I get that, and its possible the pitch wouldnt have lasted, in which case the footballing authorities could have done an assessment based on predicted weather and pitch conditions.

But they didnt get that chance, because the police advised them to cancel, based on poor travel conditions that dont really exist. As others have said, its the inconsistency that is the issue, other fans, ie Dundee United, are travelling long distances and it seems to be ok for them.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I am assuming you don’t live in Dingwall, as it’s been utterly pishing down all morning.  There is surface water on the fields near me, and also anywhere the drainage is a bit slow.

The car park where I live is a miniature Loch.  With the forecast to see rain fall until after 6pm even if the game started there isn’t any guarantee it would finish. And then you potentially could have travel stopped for travelling fans on the way home.

The pitch is fine, as has been reported. Not sure what the relevance of fields and your car park are.

It's raining yes, but nothing too bad. We'll have matches played in far worse weather, due to strong winds.

I’m a wee bit away from Dingwall, over in Balloch. My Hoose looks out towards the Kessock Bridge which is lost in the rain just now. It’s been raining all morning but lashing since I dropped off Mrs.Thompson at one o’clock.

Obviously disappointed the game is off as we had Hospitality booked but I think all round with current weather here ,it is ,on balance, the correct decision in my opinion.

Difficult to get this right tbf.

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

The pitch is fine, as has been reported. Not sure what the relevance of fields and your car park are.

It's raining yes, but nothing too bad. We'll have matches played in far worse weather, due to strong winds.

It was just used to indicate how much rain had fallen over the morning, and surface water was being retained.  This has lead to local flooding.

6 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Cancelling football games is different from shutting roads and railways altogether though. It's not that they are banning football fans from travel but just trying to alleviate traffic when the weather is as bad as it is.

Maybe four buses and about 30 cars?  Yes that would really have stretched Police Scotland to breaking point. 

Come on, the police have seriously overstepped their powers and this is another awful example of the lack of respect shown to football supporters.  

I took the dog for a walk down the canal at 9 this morning and again at 5, the difference in lying water around the ground was absolutely 0. The carpark had water in it, but it does in the height of summer.  

Game probably could have gone ahead, but watching county is depressing enough, doing it in the howling wind and rain would probably have put me over the edge. 

Edited by StoneThrowAway

19 hours ago, meadowroadsaint said:

I’m a wee bit away from Dingwall, over in Balloch. My Hoose looks out towards the Kessock Bridge which is lost in the rain just now. It’s been raining all morning but lashing since I dropped off Mrs.Thompson at one o’clock.

Obviously disappointed the game is off as we had Hospitality booked but I think all round with current weather here ,it is ,on balance, the correct decision in my opinion.

Difficult to get this right tbf.

Would you believe it 😂😂😂 no problem seeing the Kessock Bridge today.

Never mind…..

77248728-9CD8-4117-85B3-AE913E4091AF.jpeg

• 1 month later...