Ross County vs St. Mirren

FT 1-0 
Feel that was quite similar to the Livi game at the weekend in many ways.
It was an absolutely chronic watch with a solitary scrappy goal separating two poor sides. 
We conceded the scrappy goal tonight, we scored it at the weekend. It's better than two 0-0's I suppose, which it could easily have been. 
The goal is a corner headed in from about 4 yards with the goalkeeper glued to his line. He's simply got to come for that, even if he doesn't get it he's going to impact the play much more than standing on his line and watching it go in, which is what he did. Poor goalkeeping. 
I don't think McMenamin is a wing back, Bolton has to be worth a go in there, or Fraser. We didn't do enough going forward all night but we should have had a penalty. 
Ibrox on Sunday then.

Can't have many complaints about that result. We lacked any real guile of imagination, too many long balls or aimless crosses that were dealt with very comfortably by County's defence.

I'm not confident for this long run of games we've got coming up. We've not put in a good performance in weeks. 

Think we just about edged what was a very poor game mainly due to Randall’s chances as they were about the only chances in the whole game! How he sky’s that 2nd one is beyond me, about the only positive I can take is we looked solid defensively especially as Grieve and Mandron looked lively, safe travels to the st mirren fans tremendous support considering it’s midweek and a fair old trek.

onwards and upwards won’t be remembering that one in a hurry

16 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Think we just about edged what was a very poor game mainly due to Randall’s chances as they were about the only chances in the whole game! How he sky’s that 2nd one is beyond me, about the only positive I can take is we looked solid defensively especially as Grieve and Mandron looked lively, safe travels to the st mirren fans tremendous support considering it’s midweek and a fair old trek.

onwards and upwards won’t be remembering that one in a hurry

It was 100% garenteed yous were going to win tonight we are the gift that keeps on giving no wins in 10 play us and your sorted .

39 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

IMG_7583.gif

Can't have watched St Mirren for a while if you think our bubble is only just bursting. It has been like this for a while.

Looking back through the results, you could argue that we have only played 'well' in a handful of games – one of which was a defeat to Celtic, and another of which was the draw with Aberdeen. Apart from that, we deservedly beat an absolutely hoaching Hearts side, played very averagely despite beating St Johnstone 4-0 and Motherwell 1-0 at Fir Park. Our actual performances on the pitch have been rotten.

Hibs scudded us at Easter Road in the cup, then there was the 4-0 at Dens Park and a tepid defeat tonight. This isn't a new thing at all.

A lot of players need to short themselves out, because if they were playing like this and losing then they would be getting chased by some sections of the support. Luckily for them, we keep stumbling across a win.

Lovely stuff.

On a totally unrelated subject: If a goal is scored from a corner, and the corner was taken with the ball blatantly positioned several inches clear* of the corner 'arc' or whatever it's called, should that goal stand? Asking for a friend...

*When I say several inches clear, I mean an aerial view showing clear daylight between the edge of the ball and the outer edge of the paint.

Spoiler

I'm talking about this. This is actual footage of where Brown took that corner from tonight. Before he even took it, me and my mate were saying if we score from this it's getting disallowed. I was so convinced and distracted by the illegality levels of the corner about to be taken, that I didn't really see the goal unfold and certainly wasn't ready to celebrate when it went in. I'll happily take it, but surely if our eyes weren't off-the-chart deceiving us and that is indeed where the kick was taken from, the goal shouldn't have stood and, I guess, the corner should have been retaken?

More generally, I'd be interested to know if anyone else spotted this...?

gettyimages-961240046-612x612.jpg.ed4d0ebac46b43e15c394aef6d04987c.jpg

Edited by The Great Stagsby

I said much the same just before he took it. I looked at the assistant at the far end of the pitch expecting him to flag, but no, even though he was clearly watching Brown. Still, I believe these rogue decisions balance themselves out over the year, don’t they?

7 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

I believe these rogue decisions balance themselves out over the year, don’t they?

Sometimes, as was the case last night, over the course of a game. Below is actual footage of a passage from the game in which point A is where Jordan White was positioned when called offside, and point B is where the St Mirren keeper took the resultant free kick from.

Lines_On_A_Football_Pitch2.jpg.6620e5618deb472891e14a411ca4e015.jpg

Edited by The Great Stagsby