Connor7

7 minutes ago, German Jag said:

http://www.bahn.de

switch to English. 

Yeah that was the web site i tried

Fri 14th dep at 2pm

Amsterdam central to Dusseldorf

3 adults

Web site didnt apply discount and neither allowed me to buy tickets even though showing available to buy with a price for time required

Any help appreciated and heres what im gettimg below when trying to complete booking

Screenshot_20231226-001609_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by shawfield shed boy

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Fri 14th dep at 2pm

3 adults

Web site didnt apply discount and neither allowed me to buy tickets even though showing available to buy with a price for time required

Any help appreciated and heres what im gettimg below when trying to complete booking

I'm guessing it's because you're booking a journey starting outside Germany.

Found some similar chat here...

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/db-germany-seat-reservation-not-possible-5113

5 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Fri 14th dep at 2pm

3 adults

As what @Lurkst says. Also what were the train numbers in your connection. Not all the trains between Amsterdam & Düsseldorf are reservable. 

That Safe Standing English guy on twitter who seems to be helping out half of the UK with booking their trips asked DB about some of the cross border trains not being reservable yet. Further down the thread DB say it's normally around 3 months in advance.

I had a similar issue with a train from Berlin to Warsaw earlier in the year on the way to Tbilisi and it turned out they had stopped taking bookings on any train to Poland that weekend as there might be engineering works and rather than tell you that you just got that seat resevation error. Once they confirmed the engineering works weren't happening I was fine to book but that was only maybe around 2 months before I travelled.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

And the seemingly clockwork like aura of DB is falling already. 

Can't complain too much, got 15 quid fares from Dusseldorf to Berlin, couple of days in the capital then it's another 15 quid to get us to Stuttgart 👍

8 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Can't complain too much, got 15 quid fares from Dusseldorf to Berlin, couple of days in the capital then it's another 15 quid to get us to Stuttgart 👍

Good price! 

Just hope they aren't delayed too much. 

I'm absolutely buzzing for next summer and haven't even got a ticket yet. Just being in the fan zones here will be phenomenal 

26 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Morning All

Ive selected my two preferences but both saying reservation not available 

Tried selecting other trains later just our of interest but with same outcome

Even tried upgrading to 1st class

Something im doing wrong and simply hoping reservations not available that day

My route is Dam to dusseldorf from 14th june 1pm onw

Screenshot_20231226-120332_Samsung Internet.jpg

It‘s not possible to reserve seats on any of the trains listed. The IC trains (Dutch railways) listed as well as the RE & VIA (Deutsche Bahn) are all „local“ trains with unreserved seating. 

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That Safe Standing English guy on twitter who seems to be helping out half of the UK with booking their trips asked DB about some of the cross border trains not being reservable yet. Further down the thread DB say it's normally around 3 months in advance.

I had a similar issue with a train from Berlin to Warsaw earlier in the year on the way to Tbilisi and it turned out they had stopped taking bookings on any train to Poland that weekend as there might be engineering works and rather than tell you that you just got that seat resevation error. Once they confirmed the engineering works weren't happening I was fine to book but that was only maybe around 2 months before I travelled.

I had a similar problem trying to book Bologna to Stuttgart on the DB website yesterday. I then went onto the Trainline website and got the booking no problem.

1 hour ago, German Jag said:

It‘s not possible to reserve seats on any of the trains listed. The IC trains (Dutch railways) listed as well as the RE & VIA (Deutsche Bahn) are all „local“ trains with unreserved seating. 

Sorry to bust your head mate and something doesn't make sense with their website / booking (Unless its me)

The exact same trains on Thu 13th June can be booked with our without a seat reservation

Friday 14th when trying to go from Dam to Dusseldorf even without a seat reservation it keeps bringing back the same default error for every train that day

Banging my head against the wall a bit unless and bit concerned here unless you can just walk up on the day 

Send Help 

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Sorry to bust your head mate and something doesn't make sense with their website / booking (Unless its me)

The exact same trains on Thu 13th June can be booked with our without a seat reservation

Friday 14th when trying to go from Dam to Dusseldorf even without a seat reservation it keeps bringing back the same default error for every train that day

Banging my head against the wall a bit unless and bit concerned here unless you can just walk up on the day 

Send Help 

Don't bother with a reservation between dusseldorf and Amsterdam. It's only like 3 hours and there'll be plenty seats. 

Just book if you can that's my advice. 

36 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Don't bother with a reservation between dusseldorf and Amsterdam. It's only like 3 hours and there'll be plenty seats. 

Just book if you can that's my advice. 

After lot o head scratching...

Seems any IC train can be booked but the ICE trains are not available as these require a seat reservation which doesnt allow you to tick the box either cause their all booked up inc 1st class or not out yet...

Thanks to all who replied on a busy day

Eurowings announced their new flights to Stuttgart a week or two ago, but they have now opened up all the price levels (previously it was showing as £450 return for all dates).  There are some decent prices on some dates in June if anyone is still looking to book flights.  (prices below are o/w from Edinburgh)

image.png.f21731f638c66f810df3ba61cc9909f9.png

2 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

Eurowings announced their new flights to Stuttgart a week or two ago, but they have now opened up all the price levels (previously it was showing as £450 return for all dates).  There are some decent prices on some dates in June if anyone is still looking to book flights.  (prices below are o/w from Edinburgh)

image.png.f21731f638c66f810df3ba61cc9909f9.png

Coming back, it goes from €100 on the Sunday to €400 on the Monday. Scammers.

The cross border issue doesn't appear to apply everywhere. I have been able to book the train from Stuttgart to Zurich the day after the Hungary game. Only difference was no friends discount was applied automatically, but it was only €25 including seat reservation so I can live with that.

That's our final piece of the jigsaw in place. Cologne to Stuttgart arr 12.37 matchday with 02.22 slower direct service back to Cologne arr 06.33. £60 each return for 3 inc table seat reservations. Think I can pretty much relax now although still no flight home booked but that's intentional at this stage.

Edited by Billy Jean King

All travel now booked. 

12th: Glasgow to Birmingham then on Berlin = £73

13th: train to Munich = £17

16th: train to Bonn = £33

21st: train to Stuttgart = £18

24th: train to Memmingen = £20

24th: Memmingen to Dublin then Edinburgh £161

Total travel cost: £332 (excluding days where I won't be covered by the 36 hr pass. Say an extra £100 for that.)

Happy with that.

All in I'm at about £1000 for travel, 3 tickets and accommodation for 12 days. A lot cheaper than I thought I would be. I expect I'll be nearer £2k for the whole trip. Not far off the average cost of a fortnight all inclusive abroad.

Roll on June!

Edited by latapythelegend