Euro 2024 Travel arrangements

Connor7

The  Schlossplatz Fanzone has two screens though, so probably will play it on the smaller one.  That's how it usually goes.  

Edited by Juan Mata

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Did you forget to attach a screenshot or something similar here? I have a ticket to this game but a bunch of my pals were aiming to go to a fanzone or similar - didn't really consider the fact these games will be on at the same time. Would be useful to find out more. Suppose if this tournament was in Scotland and it was the other way around, I wouldn't be confident as a Germany fan of finding anywhere in Glasgow to watch their match...

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Sorry about that,here ya go.  I have alsobedited my post now.  Part near the bottom.

Screenshot_20240317_143015_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by Sugar_Army

I know people pay for the convenience but I can never get my head around away trips with Wonky Sheep paying £550 for Poland or £800+ for Georgia.  For a change though that flight might be the only thing I've seen from them that would tempt me if I wasn't staying on for the last 16 anyway. 

Listened to the John Carver interview over on Tartan Army thread, apparently 100,000 of us are expected to be in Germany this summer

Absolutely bonkers 

Id cautiously thought there’d be 50,000- still by far the biggest number we’ve ever taken to a tournament 

But that is crazy numbers

Got to rival any travelling support ever taken to a tournament!

On 10/03/2024 at 14:19, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Booked to stay provisionally in Garching on the outskirts of Munich for the Germany game, seems to be decent transport links if not overly exciting,. anyone been there or staying there too?

Me and my brother also in Garching, on @welshbairn's recommendation actually. Looked nicer and better priced than the city centre options at the time. A mate of mine is in the next wee town over as well. 

6 minutes ago, thistledo said:

A mate of mine is in the next wee town over as well. 

Ismaning? I originally booked a hotel there but Garching looks much easier to get back to after the game, so I cancelled it. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

Ismaning? I originally booked a hotel there but Garching looks much easier to get back to after the game, so I cancelled it. 

That whole area to the east of Munich is very nice. Lots of little local bars/restaurants that are very Bavarian and easy to get into town. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The very one. I told him just to go with Garching, I think there may have even been spaces in the same hotel, so I don't really know why he did that. 

Apologies if this has been asked before lots of great information to wade through, the German rail pass for consecutive days travel says seat reservations aren't required, however have heard that when trains are busy people without reservations have been asked to leave the train. Does anyone in Germany have experience of this just don't want to be punted off the last trains at night with a long wait for the next one!

German Rail Pass Consecutive (bahn.de)

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

Apologies if this has been asked before lots of great information to wade through, the German rail pass for consecutive days travel says seat reservations aren't required, however have heard that when trains are busy people without reservations have been asked to leave the train. Does anyone in Germany have experience of this just don't want to be punted off the last trains at night with a long wait for the next one!

This is from that link...Screenshot_20240325_115818_AdblockBrowser.thumb.jpg.492b54d38028909705e698da81a61ef2.jpg

Seat reservations are not necessary on RE and S-bahn trains (in fact aren't even available) but are available on ICE and IC trains for €4.90.

Reservations can be purchased at the bahn.de site.

Screenshot_20240325_120224_Adblock Browser.jpg

15 minutes ago, 101 said:

You can book seats for €4.90, might be advisable if you're catching a train straight after a match. (I see Arch got in first).

I'd check the prices of the Germany only pass against the discounted all Europe Interrail pass before buying.

https://euro2024.interrail.eu/en/go

3 hours ago, 101 said:

When I did the WC in Germany we all just bought tickets at the station to go to a variety of teams games on the day, there was never an issue going or coming back (granted it was 2006).

Edited by SuperTuesday

A friend and I had gambled we wouldn't be playing our final group game on Sunday the 23rd and so booked our flights into Dusseldorf for that day to take in the final week of group matches. Lo and behold we were drawn to play that day. Thankfully it's not until the evening and we land relatively early in the day.

Still, we will likely need to hoof it to our accommodation in Dusseldorf, dump our bags and then make our way to Stuttgart. No tickets as yet so the plan is to watch the match at Schlossplatz fan zone. Then, probably do an all-nighter and travel back to Dusseldorf the following day.

We did manage to get tickets to see Slovakia v Romania on the Wednesday in Frankfurt so at least we will be able to take in one of the matches.

ETA: turns out our flight is later than I'd thought so probably struggling to make it to Stuttgart. Will need to try and sniff out somewhere in Dusseldorf to watch it. I imagine the fan zone will just show the Germany game.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, AJF said:

A friend and I had gambled we wouldn't be playing our final group game on Sunday the 23rd and so booked our flights into Dusseldorf for that day to take in the final week of group matches. Lo and behold we were drawn to play that day. Thankfully it's not until the evening and we land relatively early in the day.

Still, we will likely need to hoof it to our accommodation in Dusseldorf, dump our bags and then make our way to Stuttgart. No tickets as yet so the plan is to watch the match at Schlossplatz fan zone. Then, probably do an all-nighter and travel back to Dusseldorf the following day.

We did manage to get tickets to see Slovakia v Romania on the Wednesday in Frankfurt so at least we will be able to take in one of the matches.

ETA: turns out our flight is later than I'd thought so probably struggling to make it to Stuttgart. Will need to try and sniff out somewhere in Dusseldorf to watch it. I imagine the fan zone will just show the Germany game.

Not a recommendation of it as a great pub or anything as there's plenty better in Dusseldorf but a decent shout for showing it will be Sutton's in the Altstadt just because they have a load of TVs and will chuck anything they have available on at least one of them for anyone who asks. Might be worth trying them if you are struggling with it clashing with the Germany game.