The floodgates are shut! - ST J vs ‘Well

38 minutes ago, ropy said:

A lovely bright Autumn day in Stirling  30 miles away.  I’m not debating the decision to cancel but it would have been a lovely day for a game.

Im off to see young Wilson play for the Binos against the Bairns. 

Adam Cummins too probably. 

Similar in perth, not that blowy either. Minus the sun.

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

No one wants to watch football in the wind especially. Ends up just painful viewing. 

The over reaction by a few when it wasn't initially called off was somewhat over the top though 😂 if the pitch and area around stadium is safe then why wouldn't the club think it's going ahead. Fine as well when the emergency service or whoever explained their position and the situation changed. Maybe that conversation could have happened before the initial announcement was made but I'm sure we'll survive.

words like "outrageous" being chucked about 😂 relax folks. 

Some of the comments demanding all SPFL games off etc. Wild.

You risk assess each game based on playability of the surface, safety of travel and being able to put in place necessary police etc commitments. Absolutely no reason why Killie vs Livingston should be called off today and no reason why the saints game couldn't have gone ahead had policing not been an issue

Edited by nelsjfc

• 2 weeks later...

Guess we've a slight advantage in that Motherwell wont be sure what we'll do, whereas everyone (except Kettlewell who looks like hes now massively panicking) knows what Motherwell will do.

Dont think theres much point changing much from last week, just bring Jaiyesimi in for Costelloe probably. Some extra organisation, especially at set plays, and we're good to go.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Guess we've a slight advantage in that Motherwell wont be sure what we'll do, whereas everyone (except Kettlewell who looks like hes now massively panicking) knows what Motherwell will do.

Dont think theres much point changing much from last week, just bring Jaiyesimi in for Costelloe probably. Some extra organisation, especially at set plays, and we're good to go.

Came here to say the same. Initially thought Costelloe being out would be a bit of a problem until I remembered DJ plays on the right, and was only on the left at St Mirren as he was in for Carey. Thought he did fairly well in a tough game so will be good to see him on his natural side, assuming that's what we do.

Would be very happy with only that change. Got a bit of grief on another thread over Robinson, so I've gone back and watched the full game and have to put my hands up and say I called that wrong, he was pretty good and there's a player there. I think I was suffering from confirmation bias on that one.

Saints to win 4-6-0