⚫️⚪️Queens Park vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 Friday night football

A trip to Hampden should be interesting. We were shocking today so not going to be making any sort of predictions. Watched Queens Park’s game last night, wasn’t a fantastic match but Airdrie seem to be taking points off a lot of the league.

Please just win Thistle.  

Bit of a shame this on a Friday night, I’d fancy us to have taken a really good support of if it was on Saturday afternoon. Need to get back to form after today, a few changes for sure. Not sure what to expect from QP, they seem to have been quite poor ever since we beat them. 

40 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Any Queens fans able to confirm why this is being played on Friday night?

I have heard conflicting reasons.

It’s 100% because the SWNT are at Hampden on the following Tuesday so gives the pitch an extra day to recover. We played Ayr on a Friday for the same reason.

One of several caveats/clauses in our deal with the SFA. 

10 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

It’s 100% because the SWNT are at Hampden on the following Tuesday so gives the pitch an extra day to recover. We played Ayr on a Friday for the same reason.

One of several caveats/clauses in our deal with the SFA. 

Thanks.

That's what I was sure I had originally heard but was told today it was something to do with Queens wanting to 'do an Edinburgh City' of a few years back and play games on a Friday to try to attract fans of 'other clubs'.

Glad it's the former.

● Guess we're going to miss Fitzpatrick & not sure McMillan will be fit, Fitzy i think got his boot caught on the pitch and twisted something.

● this is a bit of a headache; Wes McDonald seems like a "nearly" player, final ball/cross/shot from him hasnt been there so far, guess he might come in but he's not shown he can have the impact an on form Fitzpatrick can. Lawless looked lost at times the day but when he doesnt have McMillan to combine with its understandable.

● whole team werent at it but I thought Milne was very poor today, but we cant realistically drop him, even though he's not back to his best... ngwenya maybe better swapping with him but christ knows what we do at right back unless we fling Zander McKenzie in there, think Williams will have to come in at cb after aero's red card.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Today was a bit shite (after the second goal at least) but United are better than anyone else we’ll be playing, and definitely better than Queen’s Park.

Williams and Neilson at centre half, presumably, and hopefully McMillan will be fit to come in. Not holding my breath there though. I also don’t think Sneddon could complain if he’s dropped after today - I thought he was poor on two of United’s goals. 

f**k knows what we do with Fitzpatrick’s injury - McDonald really didn’t look up to much today, but he’s played a lot of games in League Two down south so you’d think he must have something. Maybe he’ll show it eventually. Might be an idea to bring Williamson back in as well for something a bit different in midfield. 

What I’ve seen from Queens so far leads me to believe that we’ll definitely get chances here, so just need to take them. 

If Mcginley is fit it'll be interesting to see who starts out of him and Williams.

Assume Mcdonald will start if Fitzpatrick is out, if we shove a centre mid out of position ahead of him then it's pretty much writing him off after a quarter of the season. 

Signs of improvement from QP vs Airdrie on Friday, that said, Hepburn out after his rather petulant and stupid red card and it's anyone's guess who's likely to be making up the CB pairing, with Tizzard being hooked early, Fox seemingly out of favour (and out of sorts) and Reid evidently being an option of last resort for Veldman.  His experimentation putting arguably our most dynamic midfielder in at CB to fill the gap just left a massive hole to fill in midfield instead.  Who knows, perhaps he'll stick Longridge in there as it's about the only position, (save GK) that he hasn't played this season!!

1 hour ago, BigMadMental said:

Would imagine he would deffo be unfit as he was out long term for Motherwell

Looks like another shrewd move by Thistle ....can't play on day one of a short term loan and no sign of him doing so anytime soon .

3 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

Looks like another shrewd move by Thistle ....can't play on day one of a short term loan and no sign of him doing so anytime soon .

...to which QP will say 'hold my beer'.  Signed Stuart McKinstry earlier this month to add some oomph to our rather impotent attack and apparently he's not ready to play.

Edited by Spider1975

4 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

He was in the squads for Dunfermline and Inverness games, so I’d assume the knock that kept him out yesterday is a recent thing. Obviously he wouldn’t be match fit but there’s no chance that anyone you’re signing at the end of September would be. 

34 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Why don’t we just let these two cripples play three-and-in and that’ll be that. Save us the pain.

Yeah,maybe a variation of our halftime cross bar challenge would suffice.First  one to knock off Harry the Hoopo's head wins 😎.

Edited by I Clavdivs

25 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Yeah,maybe a variation of our halftime cross bar challenge would suffice.First  one to knock off Harry the Hoopo's head wins 😎.

You must have been abroad…Harry’s head disappeared many years ago. Had Glasgow Mafia all over it. Personally, I don’t think the club’s been the same since. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d940084f629b2b99fdc8d44f66a78eaa.jpeg