⚫️⚪️Queens Park vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 Friday night football

Shows you how effective legitimate depth is in this league. Raith and Dundee United have it in abundance and are unsurprisingly at the top. Thistle lose 2 or 3 from the first eleven and look absolute dug meat. When we begin to make subs, we look considerably worse in every aspect on a weekly basis 

I’m convinced Stuart Mckinstry is a myth at this point 

Edited by qpfc

1 minute ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I think we played well overall but we urgently need results. It's 8 games without a win in the league and 3 points out of a possible 24 in the league now. 

Agreed, but Step 1 had got to be stop the rot.

I think it looks like we're doing that. 

It's not great, it's not even good, in fact it's just mediocre but it is better, and for tonight I'll take that. 

Queens were the better team by a fair distance in the first half. No idea how we were 1-0 up at HT. Second half we were a bit better but still poor. McInroy was the only positive from the first half, thought Stanway was excellent in the second.
Painfully obvious that we’re missing a Docherty-type in the middle of the park, which none of our 45 central midfielders can do. Completely forgot Alston was on the park at any point. Adeloye was atrocious until his goal. Graham did his best as a number 10, but it was clear he was playing out of position. Milne was gubbed for about 10 minutes before he was brought off, but I understood the hesitation to bring him off. If Ngwenya is out for any period of time then it’ll be a good laugh for our wing-backs, since MacKenzie isn’t the answer and Milne has been badly off-form since coming back from injury. Got away with one tonight. 

Tonight did seem like a bit of a light at the end of the tunnel moment and if we had a in form Paton then we win that game by a few.

Hopefully, it’s a sign of better things to come and we can kick on from here.

Veldman is safe for another week at least.

Just searched through the full match replay to the goals, genuinely have no idea at what point the linesman thought anyone was offside for the QP second goal, it's not even a phases of play or who touched the ball issue, no one was offside or close. 

Scoring within ten seconds of the restart must be our fastest goal from a kick off since Robert Dunn away to Livi about 25 years ago? Not as notable when it's not the opening kick off like that one was though. 

Two more obvious penalties in a game you'll struggle to find. I don't know if Sneddons jumping about on the line is a help or hindrance but suppose I have slightly more confidence in him to save one than Mitchell who stands still. 

Based on the other comments I have no desire to watch the rest of this. Both teams in away kits for no given reason as well, grim. 

Edited by Fuctifano

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

I’m convinced Stuart Mckinstry is a myth at this point 

Haha every week you're the same. I don't think you understand the physical demands of professional football. He was without a club for like 4 months. Going runs round the park doesn't prepare you physically. He needs to be slowly pushed to being 'football fit' or else he will just get seriously injured and then you'll never get to see him properly 

8 hours ago, GloriousHoops said:

I don't like to pick on the lad but Lucas McCormick just doesn't have it.......yet..... and inspires no confidence in his teammates. They don't pass him the ball.

He looked extremely nervous and indecisive - maybe he was anxious about making a mistake?  Felt for him as he was put on as Longridge was clearly tiring.

7 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Based on the other comments I have no desire to watch the rest of this. Both teams in away kits for no given reason as well, grim. 

Yeah, WTF was all that about...appreciate our home kit is a disaster this year but how exactly do both teams home colours clash?

7 hours ago, QPEast said:

Tonight did seem like a bit of a light at the end of the tunnel moment and if we had a in form Paton then we win that game by a few.

Hopefully, it’s a sign of better things to come and we can kick on from here.

Veldman is safe for another week at least.

He's safe for a while, but someone will need some glove puppets and an etchasketch to explain to me:

1.  Why he can be so quick to hook Tizzard a week ago but seem oblivious to the fact that Paton and Bannon especially, were carrying knocks; and

2. When Thistle were playing so narrowly and with a clearly tired Longridge, we bring on McCormick, (who Longridge has to cover and assist), rather than last week's MOTM MacPherson

5 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

He looked extremely nervous and indecisive - maybe he was anxious about making a mistake?  Felt for him as he was put on as Longridge was clearly tiring.

It was completely the wrong time and wrong game to put him on. 

I thought Jarrett was having one of his better games too, and as you pointed out Louis had ran himself into the ground by that time. Very odd. 

8 hours ago, jagfox said:

You weren't great. In fact some aspects of your play were shambolic.

Yup but you haven't seen what went before it! 🙈Trust me that was an improvement.  Still a long way to go before teams fear playing us but signs of encouragement are there. 

Conversely that was the poorest showing I've seen from the Jags in some time.  They simply didn't turn up, unlike your support, for which 👏👏.

35 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Aye. Let's hope he grows in confidence as he looked a bit of a rabbit in the headlights as wasn't really giving Longridge any movement or options ahead of him.  Heavy touch in the box when he was wide open cost us a chance to score too.   Let's hope he gets control of his nerves and we get to see the best of him.

One of the only positives last night, as mentioned above ,was our great support who deserve better.

Hopefully we've scraped bottom and now on the up .Second half performance slightly better and showed some measure of character in bouncing back after QPs second goal .Thought H Milne best for us and ran himself into the ground last night .

4.90 for a wee shake of chips ! ....Soothran chancers.

Edited by I Clavdivs

1 minute ago, I Clavdivs said:

One of the only positives last night, as mentioned above ,was our great support who deserve better.

Hopefully we've scraped bottom and now on the up .Second half performance slightly better and showed some measure of character in bouncing back after QPs second goal .Thought H Milne best for us and ran himself into the ground last night .

4.90 for a wee shake of chips ! ....Soothran chances.

Try £12.50 for two bovrils and a poke of chips! They should have served me wearing a mask and holding a gun! Never thought I'd miss the wee pie shop at Ochilview but the Hampden prices are shocking.

3 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Try £12.50 for two bovrils and a poke of chips! They should have served me wearing a mask and holding a gun! Never thought I'd miss the wee pie shop at Ochilview but the Hampden prices are shocking.

Picked up a flyer for Scotland v Norway Hospitality at ground last night....225 for Hospitality!,no wonder the game is rapidly becoming the preserve of the Well off and Corporate elite .

I'll stick to my Gregg's sausage roll thanks very much .