Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Almost like he'd been getting abuse from that wee corner of ferals. Ross Millen is probably my favourite 'character' out of this squad. He's been a dependable right back for us, but he's the type of player opposition fans will absolutely love to hate. Fwiw, he was over right at the end but only after...

...Chris Hamilton lost the plot at full time. 

As for McPake, he's completely lost the optics on media side yesterday. Everyone saw what happened at full time with the rammy, but McPake was the one in the press greeting about it. Murray made a passing comment about it, and both will agree that it's 'heat of the moment stuff', but McPake is the one who comes across as being sour over it despite both sides being guilty. 

Mcpake can look abit sour, but it’s inevitable that the losing manager will come out worse. As for hammy, he’s a feisty character and did lose the plot, and rovers played on it, with several players and staff coming up to him when we had others trying to calm him down. I don’t know why, it’s not like if they managed to get him suspended it would of helped them. 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

I'll also sure in the 1st hal lf your North West section gave him pelters.

He was, but he didn’t get an immediate reaction to his celebrations, he may well get booed a bit more next time.   I don’t mind it tbh,  it’s kinda nice to have a panto villain involved in the derbys, we went through a spell where both squads kinda got along and there weren’t really any individuals that stood out.  

I think the lines are drawn now and both sides will have guys they like to get it up for when they win, it’s good to get a bit more spice involved.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not that it’s much blame but surely it would lie with the ball boys. They were at it all game, quickly throwing balls to RR players and slowing it down when the throw was Dunfermline’s. It was their fault both ended up on the pitch, it was going to get stopped by the ref anyway.

46 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I thought it was very clever play. If that was a Rovers player, they'd be a hero to the home support. 

This, it happened to us against Airdrie, where the laddies disappeared once they had the lead. Ball boys all understand the basic principle of help your team and slow roll the ball back to the opponents. Even so, it’s still faster with multi ball.

The second ball wasn’t a problem if the Pars player tapped it out…but, he made the smart play to kick it at the other ball and stop a Raith advantage…

I’m sure the ball jak kicked was the original that had come straight back off the hoardings onto the pitch but the rovers player took the shy with a new ball, ref shouldn’t have allowed the restart in the first place but when he did jak did the right thing and forced the stoppage,  I’m sure we were the ones on the ball he’d be gently knocking it out of play.

Its home advantage that ball boys may favour the home team,  it’s why in the big leagues they give these spots to youth players rather than using it as community engagement we do up here.

43 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’m sure the ball jak kicked was the original that had come straight back off the hoardings onto the pitch but the rovers player took the shy with a new ball, ref shouldn’t have allowed the restart in the first place but when he did jak did the right thing and forced the stoppage,  I’m sure we were the ones on the ball he’d be gently knocking it out of play.

Its home advantage that ball boys may favour the home team,  it’s why in the big leagues they give these spots to youth players rather than using it as community engagement we do up here.

Jak did exactly what I’d expect him to do as it made sure the game was halted any player would have done the same. 

Of course it is, always amazes me when you see some folk moaning that the ball boys / girls favour the home team with quick balls or slow balls as required. Literally every team tells them to do this at all levels. I question if people have ever been to a game if they don’t know this happens. Same with people moaning about any time wasting when every team is guilty of it if it gets the result. 

15 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

It was hard on you guys yesterday, but that was a really well worked pass and goal from our man Stanton

Anyway all the best for the next quarter. 

Yeah, I'd like to echo that. Pars are a decent bunch of guys, apart from the wee fannies in Links St before the game, bottles and stones flying around when there were kids just trying to go see a game of football. Absolute clowns.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

No need for scenes like that and the flare in the pub could've resulted in serious injury or even worse....... mindless hooliganism. 

Sorry I missed that, what happened with a flare in a pub?

It took a solid 23 hours but I can say I’m over it, it’s done. We played a lot worse last season and picked up last minute goals against teams, in fact we done it quite regularly, it’s all peaks and troughs. We’re going through a sticky patch, the first one under McPake, three defeats, three games with no goals scored which is a concern. Our strikers don’t look like scoring and our two midfielders who score/create haven’t played all season.

Despite us winning the league  comfortably last season, the one thing we lacked was goals and now that the window has closed and we’re a month down the line I can say that the management/board completely failed to fix that issue, something they’ll need to do In January. I’m not saying they didn’t try, but it’s still a massive issue.

Positive for us, Matty Todd and Kane Richie-Hosler should both be back and well up to speed by time we meet again in the New Years derby. I’m sure Raith will have plenty boys back too.

See you in 2024! 👍🏻

Edited by The Toun Clock

Sure are pinning your hopes on those two players aren’t we Pars fans? Untested at this level for the most part. Quite a dangerous thing to cling onto. The pair of them seem to get better the longer they are out. 

I thought Dunfermline were pretty decent to be honest, 6 points from 6 over the 2 games it's quite kind to us.  They look a wee bit like we did last season, where the main down fall is a lack of anything at all in the final third.

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Sure are pinning your hopes on those two players aren’t we Pars fans? Untested at this level for the most part. Quite a dangerous thing to cling onto. The pair of them seem to get better the longer they are out. 

You've absolutely no idea how good either of them are so not sure how you can argue any differently. 

They're an improvement on what we had on the pitch yesterday. That's all you need to know 

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

You've absolutely no idea how good either of them are so not sure how you can argue any differently. 

They're an improvement on what we had on the pitch yesterday. That's all you need to know 

Still stand by my comments. Football is pretty uncertain. Especially at our level. Just think pinning your hopes on a couple of players is always a dangerous one. Especially when both have been out for quite a significant period. Don’t get me wrong, if we didn’t have the squad we have this season but still had Connolly injured and waiting to come back I’d be pinning my hopes on him getting us some better results if we had been shite, but then again least he’s tried and tested at championship level….