Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I like a derby but six in one season is just a *tad* excessive?

DAFC board will be thrilled though and must be a chance of it being stuck on the Beeb.

Possible TV games…maybe QotS vs DU, Pars vs Rovers or Partick vs Queen’s Park…IDK

Edited by TxRover

17 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Still stand by my comments. Football is pretty uncertain. Especially at our level. Just think pinning your hopes on a couple of players is always a dangerous one. Especially when both have been out for quite a significant period. Don’t get me wrong, if we didn’t have the squad we have this season but still had Connolly injured and waiting to come back I’d be pinning my hopes on him getting us some better results if we had been shite, but then again least he’s tried and tested at championship level….

Looking ahead with excitement to when they're back is a tad different from pinning all our hopes on them.

But you knew that

11 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Looking ahead with excitement to when they're back is a tad different from pinning all our hopes on them.

But you knew that

Few of your Pars buddies on your Halbeath forum seem pretty cautious of them coming back and hitting the ground running too, so I’m not the only one thinking the same thing.

But then you knew that too right? 

2 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Few of your Pars buddies on your Halbeath forum seem pretty cautious of them coming back and hitting the ground running too, so I’m not the only one thinking the same thing.

But then you knew that too right? 

I've not seen anyone say we're going to romp the league when they're back. They'll improve our team that's all.

You seem a bit concerned 😟 

39 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I like a derby but six in one season is just a *tad* excessive?

DAFC board will be thrilled though and must be a chance of it being stuck on the Beeb.

Aye. It just highlights the absurdity of Scottish football that this is even possible. 

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I've not seen anyone say we're going to romp the league when they're back. They'll improve our team that's all.

You seem a bit concerned 😟 

No concern here. Just an observation.

I didn’t mention in any of my posts that you’s would “romp the league” either. You’re just making things up now. 

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Be some laugh when we win this, beat Raith in the other two league games then come back to this thread for the cartoon twitter posts and the like. 

(Might not actually happen)

You may well have written the script for this sideshow in Scottish fitba'. Fitba' has a habit of numbing your nuts and leaving teeth marks on your derrière...... bigtime!🫣

Kack draw, would have much preferred cannon fodder at home and stronger chance of another good Scottish Cup run. 

We’ll need to play far better and returning players should help that. I’m convinced Jack Hamilton hasn’t been fully fit all season and would be good if he can get off properly off and running with the goals.  

Anyone with sense would have this as the televised game.

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

Sure are pinning your hopes on those two players aren’t we Pars fans? Untested at this level for the most part. Quite a dangerous thing to cling onto. The pair of them seem to get better the longer they are out. 

It’s not exactly pinning our hopes. We just know what both bring to the table for us. It doesn’t really matter who’s played at the level before.

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

Still stand by my comments. Football is pretty uncertain. Especially at our level. Just think pinning your hopes on a couple of players is always a dangerous one. Especially when both have been out for quite a significant period. Don’t get me wrong, if we didn’t have the squad we have this season but still had Connolly injured and waiting to come back I’d be pinning my hopes on him getting us some better results if we had been shite, but then again least he’s tried and tested at championship level….

You speak about Aidan Connolly being tried and tested at Championship level, yet he was absolutely dog shit for us at the same level, it’s irrelevant. The last time Matty Todd played in the Championship he was being played at right back by Yogi, keeping an actual right back out the team. He’s came on leaps and bounds since then, he’ll do just fine. No one’s saying we’ve got Messi and Ronaldo coming back, but they are out two more influential players so they will get mentioned a lot. 

It might take a few weeks to get up to speed and used to it all but they’ll be absolutely sound once going.

9 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

It’s not exactly pinning our hopes. We just know what both bring to the table for us. It doesn’t really matter who’s played at the level before.

You speak about Aidan Connolly being tried and tested at Championship level, yet he was absolutely dog shit for us at the same level, it’s irrelevant. The last time Matty Todd played in the Championship he was being played at right back by Yogi, keeping an actual right back out the team. He’s came on leaps and bounds since then, he’ll do just fine. No one’s saying we’ve got Messi and Ronaldo coming back, but they are out two more influential players so they will get mentioned a lot. 

It might take a few weeks to get up to speed and used to it all but they’ll be absolutely sound once going.

Loving the faux Raith concern 

37 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

40 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Loving the faux Raith concern 

My work here is done. Keep bumping your gums boys. f**k me. So touchy after yesterday. 😂 Understandable.