Dundee United v Arbroath

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'd be more shocked if this game is on than if it isn't.

Don't think this rain is going to let up over the day and I don't think they've had covers on.

Was just going to ask if the game could be in doubt before purchasing my ticket 

47 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'd be more shocked if this game is on than if it isn't.

Don't think this rain is going to let up over the day and I don't think they've had covers on.

Tannadice doesn’t get waterlogged very often?

Game very much in doubt I'd imagine. The tunnel corner being the issue.

On the chat of the game being moved. I'm sure if you asked the Arbroath players that you have the chance to play in front of a sell out crowd at Tannadice, Dens or wherever at 3am on a Friday they would jump at it 

2 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

On the chat of the game being moved. I'm sure if you asked the Arbroath players that you have the chance to play in front of a sell out crowd at Tannadice, Dens or wherever at 3am on a Friday they would jump at it 

😂😂😂😂

I could understand Hampden or Celtic Park or Ibrox, but Dens or Tannadice.

f**k me man. 

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

😂😂😂😂

I could understand Hampden or Celtic Park or Ibrox, but Dens or Tannadice.

f**k me man. 

It's the best ground you will have been too to watch Arbroath since....Hearts? 3 years ago. As I said before, the Arbroath would jump at the chance to play there in front of big crowds 

5 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

It's the best ground you will have been too to watch Arbroath since....Hearts? 3 years ago. As I said before, the Arbroath would jump at the chance to play there in front of big crowds 

Not at 3 o'clock in the f*****g morning they wouldn't.    

11 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Rugby Parks a better ground and just last year we played there infront of 12 thousand. How many years have United and Arbroath shared a league season now in recent years, 2/3 seasons, we have played there a lot recently as well as Dens, Rugby Park, Tynecastle etc etc in the league.

Our own average crowd was 2300 last year, we’ve had 5k home fans at Gayfield just last year for a Prem play off game and as recently as March and August there were over 5k at Gayfield for yourselves and Dundee too even if that did include a massive amount of away fans 

Im no too sure Arbroath players would be keen for a 3am kick off to play at Tannadice. That is ridiculous 😂 

Of course it’s always enjoyable going to places like Tannadice and Dens especially on league duty they’re proper grounds and teams with a good fanbase but you are talking like it’s dog and duck FC going in to play a big once in a lifetime game in the Cup

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Rugby Parks a better ground and just last year we played there infront of 12 thousand. How many years have United and Arbroath shared a league season now in recent years, 2/3 seasons, we have played there a lot recently as well as Dens, Rugby Park, Tynecastle etc etc in the league.

Our own average crowd was 2300 last year, we’ve had 5k home fans at Gayfield just last year for a Prem play off game and as recently as March and August there were over 5k at Gayfield for yourselves and Dundee too even if that did include a massive amount of away fans too

Im no too sure Arbroath players would be keen for a 3am kick off to play at Tannadice. That is ridiculous 😂 

Of course it’s always enjoyable going to places like Tannadice and Dens especially on league duty they’re proper grounds and teams with a good fanbase but you are talking like it’s dog and duck FC going in to play a big once in a lifetime game in the Cup

I stopped reading at Rugby Park

13 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

what.gif

I think Tannadice is magic, Dens too - but a sold out Tannadice tonight literally means from the corner flag where the tunnel is to the corner flag diagonal to it infront of the shed. Half the ground, the main stand where the dugouts are lets it down.

I prefer Tannadice and Dens to Rugby Park but not sure by what measure Tannadice would be a better stadium than Rugby Park is