Dundee United v Arbroath

25 minutes ago, Girth said:

This on the box!? 

I love a derby game. 

No. It is only on the Friday night cause Dundee Hibernian appear frightened to play us on the Saturday.

Can see no other reasonable reason.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't understand why people don't see this anniversary as a momentous occasion.

Just ask FC Edinburgh City of Edinburgh FC how difficult it is to keep a name for couple of years, never mind 100

Bridge Of Don Thistle want a word

image.png.c8991981fcf1ac750d49483dd3a6594f.png

Have United sold more tickets than average with this being such a special event - I am guessing the answer is no ?

I think Arbroath have the players to create United problems - I'd be happy with any of our strikers starting.

If we can win the midfield battle and keep the defence tight we will have a decent chance.

United are playing some great football and will win the league - but Arbroath are on good form too, so expect a close match.

38 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Have United sold more tickets than average with this being such a special event - I am guessing the answer is no ?

I think Arbroath have the players to create United problems - I'd be happy with any of our strikers starting.

If we can win the midfield battle and keep the defence tight we will have a decent chance.

United are playing some great football and will win the league - but Arbroath are on good form too, so expect a close match.

Well they were only less than 750 away from a home sell out last night so answer is probably yes

53 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Honestly lads, what's the conspiracy that you guys keep angling at?  Do you doubt that United wanted the game this Friday to give it a special feel for the club and fans? If so, what's the ulterior motive?

You might think that it's a silly reason to request a change to the scheduling (that's your right) or that the SPFL should have paid more heed to the view of Arbroath before making a decision (perfectly fair), but this persistent whining as if there's been some dreadful injustice visited upon your club because the game was moved for a reason other than the usual, bog standard ones (TV, weather, fixture clash, policing, etc.) is really unbecoming.

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Honestly lads, what's the conspiracy that you guys keep angling at?  Do you doubt that United wanted the game this Friday to give it a special feel for the club and fans? If so, what's the ulterior motive?

You might think that it's a silly reason to request a change to the scheduling (that's your right) or that the SPFL should have paid more heed to the view of Arbroath before making a decision (perfectly fair), but this persistent whining as if there's been some dreadful injustice visited upon your club because the game was moved for a reason other than the usual, bog standard ones (TV, weather, fixture clash, policing, etc.) is really unbecoming.

I think it is an injustice because both teams should have to agree to any fixture change 

I understand the reason for it was to do with this centenary stuff however and nothing to do with trying to gain an advantage 

47 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Actually don't mind it being a Friday night, looking forward to it and congrats to United.

I have always preferred Dundee out of the two clubs though, more of a working mans club.

Than a football team?  Yes, I’d agree.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think it is an injustice because both teams should have to agree to any fixture change 

I understand the reason for it was to do with this centenary stuff however and nothing to do with trying to gain an advantage 

Not sure I agree but that's a perfectly reasonable complaint. One for the SPFL though rather than United.

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

You could be right, United may come a cropper here. I've got an uneasy feeling that we are overdoing the occasion, but our commercial department often appears to kick the arse out of an opportunity.

Certainly, you've been doing your best to generate goodwill, and not throw your weight around like a Poundstretcher Old Firm club.

10 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Steady