St. Mirren vs St. Johnstone 28/10

22 minutes ago, Cossie MFC said:

It's ok we have got Mika back now.👍

Thank fuck.

Hopefully the relentless flood of tears will stop now. It's been quite pathetic really.

Anyway onto talking about a decent team.

I thought we were quite poor today. Fortunately, we seem to have found a striker who takes his chances when presented with them. Whether that's from the opposition or his own team mates.

A better team would have punished our general slackness.

Mandron had a great second half as did Kiltie.

Tanser was decent too, but, once again, Gogic strolled  through the game.

The return of Strain midweek will improve matters, but we need O'Hara to start finding last season's form, to play at our best.

19 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

Fixed it for you.

Not really, no. Another player was quoted as being the same when joining a different club up here.

15 minutes ago, derektaylor84 said:

Charlie Adam has made his life so much harder saying that. It will be something that fans will bring up if he isn't producing and will affect his next career move. 

Yeah he'll get it forever now, especially if we go down with him playing poorly. Was literally no benefit in making it public.

19 minutes ago, derektaylor84 said:

Charlie Adam has made his life so much harder saying that. It will be something that fans will bring up if he isn't producing and will affect his next career move. 

Very naive to say that but it really does speak to the arrogance of English academy players.
Levein summed it up when he said unless you have played a significant amount of 1st team games for the club then you don’t actually play for them, the tea lady will get closer to the 1st team than some of these starlets ever will.

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

Very naive to say that but it really does speak to the arrogance of English academy players.
Levein summed it up when he said unless you have played a significant amount of 1st team games for the club then you don’t actually play for them, the tea lady will get closer to the 1st team than some of these starlets ever will.

Also the scary thing is the likes of Costelloe will be on big wages down south and barely played for the first team.

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Edited by derektaylor84

30 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

That second goal is actually worse than it looked from the away end 

Hos close did Considine backwards header look from the away end?

Was ridiculously close to being another disaster.

40 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Thank fuck.

Hopefully the relentless flood of tears will stop now. It's been quite pathetic really.

Anyway onto talking about a decent team.

I thought we were quite poor today. Fortunately, we seem to have found a striker who takes his chances when presented with them. Whether that's from the opposition or his own team mates.

A better team would have punished our general slackness.

Mandron had a great second half as did Kiltie.

Tanser was decent too, but, once again, Gogic strolled  through the game.

The return of Strain midweek will improve matters, but we need O'Hara to start finding last season's form, to play at our best.

Agree with every word of that. A better side would have had us beaten before half time. Fortunately we were playing a very, very poor side today. 

O’Hara’s dip in form is worrying - I wonder if he would have lasted 90 minutes if he wasn’t our captain. 

Can’t find enough words to praise Gogic, he really didn’t put a foot wrong today. 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hos close did Considine backwards header look from the away end?

Was ridiculously close to being another disaster.

Just remembered it - didn’t look that close either. Maybe was just the angle I was sitting at but looked a couple of yards wide of the post. 

Had just assumed with Brown trying to chest it back to Mitov that he must’ve been in the box or very close to it - but he wasn’t really. Not even sure he’s trying to chest it back having watched Sportscene

2 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

The only thing St Johnston have going for them is that they are so bad just now they have a chance to try and turn it around ………. Not sure how they do it but they have a chance. 

If they are going to give themselves a chance of surviving then they need to punt their manager immediately. When you do TV interviews stating that some of the players won’t play for you again, then it’s clear the dressing room will not be behind him. 

That was a fatal mistake on McLeans part. 

46 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Agree with every word of that. A better side would have had us beaten before half time. Fortunately we were playing a very, very poor side today. 

O’Hara’s dip in form is worrying - I wonder if he would have lasted 90 minutes if he wasn’t our captain. 

Can’t find enough words to praise Gogic, he really didn’t put a foot wrong today. 

I think O'Hara has been fine. Perhaps not as good as last season, but still decent. 

51 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

He's doing O.K., but for us to fire on all cylinders we need him to be top of his game.

1 hour ago, Stan Bo said:

Gordon running in treacle trying to catch Mandron for the 3rd goal

Honestly I'm 2stone over weight and two metal hips and I am more mobile the Gorgon and Considine it's fucking painful. Gives me the fear every week.

I could also play a pass into midfield and not just lump it 40 yards for May to win a header. Have my own boots and shinnies and would settle for a rider of 6 murrys pies a week. Pretty much the market we are shopping in. @smclean, @gmcpherson, @sharris DM me.

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins